yoyo loach terror

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

maxthedog123

Can't have too many Tiger Barbs...
Jun 6, 2007
Cincinnati, OH
I have 5 yoyo loaches in my tank - other stocking in my sig. 4 of the loaches are between 1.5-2" long and one of them is close to 3". It was bigger when I first bought the group, and it's grown quite a bit since I've had them.

The larger yoyo is simply terrorizing the 4 other loaches. At first it was just around feeding time, but now he spends all of his time chasing the others. It's pretty relentless.

There are plenty of places to hide in my tank, but he doesn't care!!

Any suggestions? Should I try to get him out and swap him for one that is closer in size to the others? That will be pretty hard in my planted tank.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
You may want to swap it.:) I have no problems with my group of 8 yoyos.:) Largest is 5 inches and the second largest is nearing 4 inches yet the largest never seem to bother other loaches othan than chasing out of the way during feeding time.

shaggbark

The rare and Elusive....Ninja Cod
Feb 12, 2007
Hopewell Jct. NY
Just swap it, ALL of you will feel better 8)

maxthedog123

Can't have too many Tiger Barbs...
Jun 6, 2007
Cincinnati, OH
Yeah - I'm going to take him out. It's getting pretty bad.

Any suggestions for catching a 3" yoyo loach in a heavily planted tank?

I just need to be faster than him, right?

bluekrissyspike

bwa-hahahahaha!!!!!
Mar 24, 2007
When i try to catch my loaches i do one of 2 things.....either put the net somewhere i know he is gonna go and then chase him into it, scooping him up as soon as he goes in, or sometimes drain some of the water and hold the net just above the waterline, wait till he comes out and swoop down on him, he wont have a chance to get away if he doesnt know you're coming...lol...good luck catching him with out messing up the tank too much

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store