Zebra Pleco

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AquaDummy

AC Members
Sep 26, 2004
Kamloops, BC
Will a Zebra plec get along with my Bushynose and cories? It's a good size tank at 77g but really it doesn't seem that big once you get the wood, plants and caves in there..

FISHLORD_8

AC Members
Nov 22, 2004
it will be fine, zebra plecos stay a good size and will most likely do well with your other fish :)

AquaDummy

AC Members
Sep 26, 2004
Kamloops, BC
spartan said:
There are tons of nice looking plecos out there for a fraction of the price.
Can you suggest some types that I can look for? I'm trying to add some nice color to my tank. I know the Zebra is very expensive and cost reduction would be a good thing.

clayt101

Registered Abuser
I have kept many plecos, and there is really nothing that compares with zebras. That being said, I would still stay away from them. They are not great at competing for food and are almost better in a species aquarium (ideally more people will do this inorder to increase the supply through captive breeding). Anyhow, if you are looking for pretty plecos, check out the L-number resource at www.planetcatfish.com . Currently I have a L-134, or Leopard Frog pleco. It is a beautiful pleco, stays small, has no trouble competing for food, and is a fraction of the price ($20 - $35).

BTW, I used to have 9 Zebras that I was trying to breed. I sent them to a breeder in California who has had success with them, so I guess in a way I am a Zebra Pleco Uncle???:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store