zebra shovelnose

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dpmac10

AC Members
Nov 27, 2002
Nebraska
Visit site
hey how u guys doing i own 2 tiger shovelnose's right now and would like to get a zebra shovel to or insted of the ones i got. does any one no where i could get one or is anyone wiling to trade my 2 for one i would love to have one of these awsome fish. i would like to get a smaller one if possible y tsn's right now are about 7" and doing great.

Stephen

There's always a bigger fish...
Nov 28, 2002
Virginia
I'm after the same thing you are. Except I'm keeping my tiger. The only place that I've seen a zebra shovelnose is on aquabid.com. It was 13" long and the guy wanted 350.00 for it. I've got 10 different LFS looking for one for me and so far none have been able to get thier hands on one. I'm hoping someone will find one and that it won't be 350.00 for a 6" one. I guess they are hard to find or just that they aren't imported very often. I had one guy tell me they are something that a fish collector has to actually catch and send you. He said he got lucky and found his in a tank with tiger shovelnoses in it. The pet store sold it to him as a tiger and the staff informed him it was a different color strain. Who knows though. I'm hoping all the luck and information I've had with finding them just turns out to be something lots more simple and less complicated. Like they are just imported during certain times of the year. I can say this though. Since I've wanted one... I can never ever remember seeing one in a pet shop in my years of visits.

wantsome8

AC Members
Dec 14, 2002
detroit michigan
Visit site
i bought a zebra shovelnose about 4 years ago i paid $40 and it was about 5 inches long they must be realy rare because i havent seen one since cool fish though i raise mine till it was about a foot then traded it in the lfs still has it in a 500 gal ft alot of these types of wild fish come and go sometime you dont see them for years i ll tell you what though i would not pay over $80 for one depending on its size

tnlguinn

flathead owner
Jan 26, 2003
So IN
if you are talking about a merodontotus tigrinus, they usually run between $250 and $500 dollars. they grow to 5' long in the wild. if you type in the scientific name you will get lots of pictures and a few price lists of a few mail order sites. been looking for myself for a while. but be careful, the brachystoma jurunese is often sokd under the same name. its the false tigrinus.good luck and keep searching.:p

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store