Zhongshan Risheng heater

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

MelvinBradley

Registered Member
Jun 7, 2013
I am all for saving money and typically go for heaters in the lower end of the price range. But, I will not trust an off brand from China (has nothing to do with the country itself). Does it have a plug where the two blades that plug into the wall socket are identical? Most plugs will have one blade slight larger, for polarity. The cheap bad quality electrical appliances from China (again I have nothing against the country and will buy cheap battery powered electronics and led flashlights from there all day long), use blades that are the same width. That's usually a sign that it's very cheap with no QC (quality control).

Go to Ken's fish. He has some heaters in the $8-$10 range that are great. You have to pay shipping... whereas I know most of the cheap China products have free shipping). But you'll only be paying $3-$4 more overall and have a LOT better product and less chance of killing your fish.Very hard to tell, but cheap heaters and flashlight are not very good. I have a affordable heater not too expensive and it does work well. You need to spend some money not much to get right quality
:)
Which lights have you got?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store