zomg 100 gallon acrylic tank!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

inkyjenn

AC Members
Jun 15, 2008
southern california
$115.

i about died. my bf was all, "should we get it?"

i screamed yes and we snagged it

its not in terrible shape. its got a lot of little scratches and hard water gunk, but nothing major wrong with it. its predrilled and came with bulkheads and the tops for the tank.

now for the question: does the novus plastic polish work or should i go ahead and get the abrassive pad polishing kit?

Matt101905

Love Guru
Feb 11, 2009
Arkansas
nice find! Good luck with it!

7itanium

AC Members
Jan 31, 2009
Spokane, WA
nice pickup... I just got a 55gal acrylic on cragslist.. paid $175 for the tank and the stand.. and the hoods (no bulbs)

inkyjenn

AC Members
Jun 15, 2008
southern california
tank, lids and bulkheads. lighting is no issue (yay home depot) and neither is plumbing or a stand (more yay home depot). the real question is where to put it! my house is 900 sq feet and there are 4 tanks in the living room already!

ive been playing with the novus 1 so far. its doing a great job getting rid of hard water spots, but im thinking i need something more heavy duty to get rid of the scratches. most arent very deep, but in places there are a lot of them (testing on the lids first to avoid mucking up the actual tank)

inkyjenn

AC Members
Jun 15, 2008
southern california
just ordered the novus acrylic polishing kit (steps 1, 2, and 3)

i cant wait to see what is under all the grime

inkyjenn

AC Members
Jun 15, 2008
southern california
i will definately keep everyone posted. plus, one of these days ill take before and after photos. im debating on picking up a sandpaper style polishing kit

tcarswell

Bichir guy
Jan 7, 2009
Sacramento California
$115.

i about died. my bf was all, "should we get it?"

i screamed yes and we snagged it

its not in terrible shape. its got a lot of little scratches and hard water gunk, but nothing major wrong with it. its predrilled and came with bulkheads and the tops for the tank.

now for the question: does the novus plastic polish work or should i go ahead and get the abrassive pad polishing kit?
Yes the novus works. It works wonders.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store