Are Water Changes Actually Necessary?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Do you change your water?

• No

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Not unless conditions require it (like high nitrates)

Votes: 60 13.8%
  • Yes, I do it on a specific timeline (daily, weekly, whatever)

Votes: 358 82.3%
  • Undecided / Other

Votes: 14 3.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
Needs some more cleaning IMO
:pc: me too... that's actually the point i was trying to make... and was expecting ALL my points on the subject deleted... as well as others. :evil_lol:

oh, well... good enough, i guess...

sorry for the extra work, niko.

Dekker

Registered Member
Aug 2, 2010
You know, I almost forgot one other BIG thing that happens that probably does in fact create lots of NEW hydrogen and oxygen atoms... VOLCANO'S!!!!
Umm... now we have nuclear volcanos? Atoms are not created or destroyed in chemical reactions, it takes fission to destroy them, and fusion to make them. MOLECULES can be broken down and changed by many different reactions, but not atoms.

Atoms that are buried deep in the earth can be released into the atmosphere by volcanos, but nothing is being created.

dundadundun

Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
EHEM... welcome to the forum, Dekker.

GoldLenny

Senior Member? Do I get a 5% disc.?
Umm... now we have nuclear volcanos? Atoms are not created or destroyed in chemical reactions, it takes fission to destroy them, and fusion to make them. MOLECULES can be broken down and changed by many different reactions, but not atoms.

Atoms that are buried deep in the earth can be released into the atmosphere by volcanos, but nothing is being created.

You obviously can't read big words or you failed to read ALL of my post. I never said anything about "nuclear volcanos" and I have no clue how you came up with that. Go back and re-read my entire post and hopefully you'll understand.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Ks folks...let's not get personal in your posts....keep things on track..folks can agree to disagree. 'Nuff siad...

dundadundun

Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
You obviously can't read big words or you failed to read ALL of my post. I never said anything about "nuclear volcanos" and I have no clue how you came up with that. Go back and re-read my entire post and hopefully you'll understand.
i don't think it was that confusing at all. you said volcanoes can make atoms. he said it takes a nuclear reaction to make an atom... fusion. henceforth the question whether or not volcanoes are nuclear... which i believe we agree they are not. so, the point is that volcanoes cannot make new atoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store