Mafia #77 Game thread- Back to the basics

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Salt4Sam

fulltime workaholic
Aug 4, 2010
Philadelphia
Actually, this is a really good point UN. Most noobs would freak a bit with a vote thrown on them. Makes me wonder if his team said just to ignore it because it's way early on day 1.

Haha, and so the mind games begin, what DID my team tell me? Or did they say anything at all? All I know, is the someone might need to get a new User_Name... (Insert Evil Laugh HERE) MUAhahaha.

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
Looks like the day went on to interesting directions.

Pir, Lady G gave you a good example why your suggestion about us speculating who the game mod might pick for scum roles is unhelpful for the town. Here's another: there's nothing valid enough to base those guesses on. I could probably sit down and come up with half a dozen ideas on what basis Pappy might use to hand pick roles this time around. And so could many other players who've been in games Pappy has modded. But they'd probably all be wrong and whatever Pappy really did with the roles would turn out to be something else completely.

So where would that lead us? We'd start chasing after the wrong people for the wrong reasons while overlooking the more "valid" clues and scum-tells that we should be watching for. Then, we'd also start second-guessing each other in the process for offering this or that theory.... and why.

That speculation would most certainly benefit the mafia rather than the town. It's got nothing to do with naming folks we think might be townie PRs.

If Pappy hand picked roles this game (and we don't even know if he did), his basis for selection could be practically anything.

Haydn24

Boo!
Jun 28, 2010
Australia
Real Name
Haydn
Wow, I went to the snow for a day and i miss all this :p I thought it was still the sign-up thread at first and i was like wtf? lol. Anyway, game on! :) woo.

Haydn24

Boo!
Jun 28, 2010
Australia
Real Name
Haydn
There are probably noobs and vets in the mafia, we should try to figure out who.
Hmm, trying to direct attention away from yourself it seems...:rolleyes:

maverickbr77

la-te-da
Jan 26, 2009
Lowville, NY
Real Name
Adam
Soooo, any questions, comments, and/or concerns from JB, Zaf, Maverick, Nano Cichlids who are all pretty quiet and viewing the thread right now, along with some invisible members?
FYI i leave this tread open pretty much all the time so I don't loose my place. and now off to work.

Salt4Sam

fulltime workaholic
Aug 4, 2010
Philadelphia
Actually, this is a really good point UN. Most noobs would freak a bit with a vote thrown on them. Makes me wonder if his team said just to ignore it because it's way early on day 1.
So whats worse in this situation? A "noob" who has maybe a little bit too much confidence? Or someone who is wise in the ways of "Mafiadom" who just might be a little bit shortsighted and caught in their old ways? Tread lightly, you never know where your last step may fall.... :thumbsup:

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
Haha, and so the mind games begin, what DID my team tell me? Or did they say anything at all? All I know, is the someone might need to get a new User_Name... (Insert Evil Laugh HERE) MUAhahaha.
This is a really interesting post S4S. Are you admitting to having a team? Have you played mafia before anywhere else?

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
good morning y'all, caught a 31" blue, and 3 28" ers fishing the islands.

I'll be on and off intermittenly throughout the day.

This is a really interesting post S4S. Are you admitting to having a team? Have you played mafia before anywhere else?
Glad to see someone else picked up on that.

As of right now I'm fine with where my vote stands, but Pir is still looking scummy.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store