72 Gallon Bow Front Tank Journal/Build!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
well, SLR didn't come in:( grrrr

today, i cleaned the 350 bio-wheels on 29G and 72G, did 50s on every tank except dario darios

picked up a rhino pleco, 3 nerite snails and around 50 feeder fishies from LFS:)

made a video on my cam. of the baby angels(not babies.....lol, around 4" now, but still smaller than my breeders, so babies 4 now)..........i got a few great shots on my moms iphone 4 of the gold angel with a baby fish's tail sticking out of its mouth!:)

i love cannibalism............
jk

my mom and little bro enjoyed the show, the gold baby i mentioned earlier had 3 in its mouth at one time, what a pig...........the male breeder, big boy, took his time, started with 5, and ate them 1 by 1 sharing with his wife;)

other than that, not much

those nerite snail eggs i mentioned earlier were actually fungused angel eggs:( from when i was on vacation:( i figured it out once I noticed around 50 more besides the 20 i saw earlier, and all the same size as angel eggs, oh well, i would have put meth blue if i had been home when they laid the batch............

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
i wonder where FF is?
Distracted by grades, games, and other random stuff.

well, SLR didn't come in:( grrrr

today, i cleaned the 350 bio-wheels on 29G and 72G, did 50s on every tank except dario darios

picked up a rhino pleco, 3 nerite snails and around 50 feeder fishies from LFS:)

made a video on my cam. of the baby angels(not babies.....lol, around 4" now, but still smaller than my breeders, so babies 4 now)..........i got a few great shots on my moms iphone 4 of the gold angel with a baby fish's tail sticking out of its mouth!:)

i love cannibalism............
jk

my mom and little bro enjoyed the show, the gold baby i mentioned earlier had 3 in its mouth at one time, what a pig...........the male breeder, big boy, took his time, started with 5, and ate them 1 by 1 sharing with his wife;)

other than that, not much

those nerite snail eggs i mentioned earlier were actually fungused angel eggs:( from when i was on vacation:( i figured it out once I noticed around 50 more besides the 20 i saw earlier, and all the same size as angel eggs, oh well, i would have put meth blue if i had been home when they laid the batch............
wow... life as a fish must suck if ur own older siblings will eat u without hesitation. *FF does not want to be a fish*

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
still having issues with video

did a lot of pruning in the 72G

looking good

here is the current stock

4 yoyo loaches
3 green emerald corys
2 clown plecos
1 pair ABNs
1 female breeder angel(adult)
5 german blue angels(mid-adult, a few months more:D)
4 female bolivian rams
1 female GBR(still alive!, i figured out she only eats frozen beefheart!)
5 harlequin rasboras
2 male bettas
1 rhino pleco(moving in 2 days:))
2 SAEs
1 upside down cat

now my question.............

anybody know if i can add a self cloning crayfish into this tank?

thanks. also moved outtake of canister filter to side so super flow
increased flow coming out by making the 3 joints for otutake into 2 therefore increasing pressure

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
okay, then i won't put them in. Sold the baby hi fin discus for $25:) finally. Talked to Orlando(GLA) and he said the stuff will be in stock in a week(sadly bc of floods in thailand, where the factories r.)

alll im waiting for is the diffuser and the drop checker:D

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
well, not going to be posting in this thread anymore, starting a new journal part II when the Co2 parts arrive

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
shutting down this tank...im kinda done with it...selling everything for this tank and starting up a new clear tank(ADA maybe or GLA rimless) with ADA substrate, etc...

keeping only filtration i guess;) Hope it sells fast;) but this tank was great overall even with the few large issues i had with it(my fault) but yeah:D

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
^?

im selling it, no question...all fish are up for sale on CL unless they are hardy and can be shipped...

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
you change the tanks whenever you get bored with them. maybe this isnt the right hobby for you. this might sound mean but you really need to stick to a couple of tanks and enjoy them instead of selling everything off in a couple of months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store