72 Gallon Bow Front Tank Journal/Build!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
i dont think id have that big of a tank on a dresser but thats just me i guess. awesome tank and fish though :) need some rotala rotundifolia(mine is getting really red)

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
yeah, used to have around $30 of it.......all got hair algae + BBA:(

i onyl have it in low-light

btw, that dresser can handle 1 ton easy;) its just that the bricks r there BC we didn't center the tank so its a bit off-balance......but whenever our remodeling gets done we will be getting a custom made stand by our architects workers:D

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
i wonder where FF is?

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
Hey guys.........so update;).....cleaned up a lot of algae;) and did a 25% WC on ALL tanks today;) because I AM LEAVING! for FLORIDA!:) Tomorrow for christmas break:) but flight is at 3am lol.....

got some feeder tablets and turned on auto feeder on the 72G........all fish are doing well........I am hoping to place around 20 baby plecos into the 72G when by the time I get back as they are almost 1"+....i want to wait until they are around 1.25":)

just to help with algae, not as permanent fish.......maybe I'll keep 2-3.but not all............

will update

angels are breeding lol........the day I leave, they start to clean up the side of my giant pot stack................:)
maybe parents will raise successfully for once....other times they keep failing epically...so i artifi. raise

will keep u guys posted.......im coming back in 1.5 ish weeks on the 26th or 27th....idk

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
and btw

im seriously thinking about changing out the eheim pro III cuz its FLOW SUCKS!!!!!!!! a true PITA as every few weeks its clogged up in terms of flow while my penguin never lets me down;)

any suggestions? I was looking at maybe just getting another penguin 350? And maybe keep the eheim but get a smaller spray bar so I can place it on the side......

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
nutin on filter? well, whatever:) going to see some nice aquariums here in miami...:D
maybe a few pics of those fish

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
so, i just came back, all is well, vals grew quite a bit........and in my 20G, I left lights on(stock 15 watt) 24/7 for the 1 week, and the rotala indica stems grew around 6" each!:)

I will be taking and uploadign pics as soon as we empty the load of pics from FL:)

btw, we are getting a SLR camera tomorrow or today durign the after xmas sale! so better pics !

Tanks Update!

29G..........nerite snails laid eggs, and I found what was left of the eggs of the angels(around 5 of them scattered around on the sand, prob. fell off cone)

20G.......plecos are doing great, now at 1" mark, starting to sell here on CL, and will sell in marketplace in mid. jan

72G.......discus is around 2" mark now..........FINALLY:)
all other fish are doing great

10G......shrimps are breeding like rabbits! and the plecos and dario darios are doing great 2

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
:(

so in my 10G, all was fine yesterday and this morning and before the earlier post above^:(

but then I went to the movies with my friends and when I came back(10 hours later) ONLY ALL THE BABY PLECOS WERE DEAD:( I am so sad

I checked, and somehow the heater wire came out, I think it accidentally happened as there were a few bags there which weren't there earier and the wire sticks out so it could have been bumped out:(

i am really sad, this sucks

the only inhabitants left are a pair of dario dario, lots of RCS/fire reds, a few amanos, lots of ramshorn snails, a few MTS, and assassin snails:(

THE ONLY plecos (babies) I have left now are the 10 or so in the 20G..............around 35 died:( really bummed:(

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
thx, yeah, my shrimps r hardy, they r the same ones i had in the 10G heaterless in which temps. flucd. from 68 to 80............

well, at least I have the new batch(only 1/2, i think crayfish ate the eggs;)) and the 10 or so in the 20G

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store