True or False?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ffmurray

AC Members
Oct 6, 2014
Ithaca NY
My scientific gut
I know this because a friend of mine did a tank with only a moss ball
if you are really scientific then you know the importance of testing and retesting ideas and not running with a single case, you now the importance of real data and that any gut feeling has to be backed up.

If you care about your fish then you need to do water changes and have proper filtration, plants are good but you are not just talking about removing nitrites and ammonia, you have to replenish things as well, like the minerals I talked about in my post above.

Please for the sake of your fish just start changing water. It is really not that hard and the fish are real living creatures that you are killing off because of your negligence. They are not decorations. If you want to keep fish you have to take care of them.

Maybe a pet rock would let you get by with no effort expended for its care. Fish won't. I suggest the pet rock.
:iagree:

Dunedain05

AC Members
Sep 1, 2014
Ok, Mark, you are a **** and are jumping to conclusions. I have had freshwater tanks for nearly 15 years NEVER with problem or loss of fish. Im not some 3rd grade newbie here. Yesterday I did a 30% water change and replaced the water at the same temperature and this morning my only adult guppie was dead. Baby fry are all doing really well still. Water changes, or lack there of, ARE NOT THE PROBLEM.

Dunedain05

AC Members
Sep 1, 2014
Yes I am testing and retesting ideas. Not testing water doesn't mean there are lack of tests. I am not running with a single case, I haven't even made a conclusion with the exception that it is not a water change issue. Minerals for the plants are plentiful from the waste from the fish. You should look into the sciences of aquaponics/hydroponics same thing. There is nothing in my water that is going to benefit the plants more than what they already have or need.

enrique4jc

AC Members
Oct 17, 2006
Russell Springs, KY
Real Name
Eric
Once again, "I refuse to listen to the people who know what they're doing after asking for their advice and I will persist in obstinance and ignorance and keep killing fish because I want to feel smart."

You're wasting your time and ours.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Yesterday I did a 30% water change and replaced the water at the same temperature
I wish my water was simple enough that it only had a single parameter, it would save me so much money on RO/DI filtration.

ffmurray

AC Members
Oct 6, 2014
Ithaca NY
What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue. Robert Anson Heinlein
thats a good quote, sorry for the quick jump off topic

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store