Tetra with shimmies?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Stormyrose786

AC Members
Mar 10, 2020
Brent, AL, US
Real Name
Cassie
How many cories? What is this loach? Pic of the loach? You have got 4 tetras only in a 20?? First of tetras should b kept in groups 6 or more and second, you could put in more of them :)

okay no prob.

I just saw this, I did have a good amount of guppies, & didn't want too many fish ☺ not sure I can do a picture, but 2 cories. And I don't remember the full name of the loach, but it is dark colored, if that helps. I got it to help with algae.

Reactions: Sprinkle

Stormyrose786

AC Members
Mar 10, 2020
Brent, AL, US
Real Name
Cassie
Okay, get 2 or more tetras and get 4 or more corys. By any chance is the loach flat, stingray and alien like? You can have more fishes with no worries if you keep up with water changes ?

Okay, yeah, the loach is flat & gets really wide towards the head. And okay. I thought, though, with the loach & pleco, getting more cories would be too much. I also want 4 snails. ☺

Reactions: Sprinkle

Stormyrose786

AC Members
Mar 10, 2020
Brent, AL, US
Real Name
Cassie
I just saw this, I did have a good amount of guppies, & didn't want too many fish ☺ not sure I can do a picture, but 2 cories. And I don't remember the full name of the loach, but it is dark colored, if that helps. I got it to help with algae.

Oh, there are the mollies, too, of which I have 3....might have a few more guppies that I thought, but I know less than 20 fish in all. I also have baby guppies in another tank, & was going to put 1 or 2 of them in there.

Stormyrose786

AC Members
Mar 10, 2020
Brent, AL, US
Real Name
Cassie
Okay, so...previously mentioned parameters were for yesterday. Today -

pH - 6.0 (was 6.4 yesterday, before 25% wc, & my tap water has high pH, KH, & I think high GH, too)
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 0
KH - less than 50ppm (same as yesterday)
GH - 200 (higher than usual)

So...I did a 25% wc yesterday, so my pH wouldn't go up too fast, but it has dropped overnight. Would it be safe, then, to do 50% wc with tap water? I also have pH up & Alkaline Buffer, both of which I have never used. Suggestions?

Stormyrose786

AC Members
Mar 10, 2020
Brent, AL, US
Real Name
Cassie
One more thing...when I first started this tank, that's when I really learned about water parameters - the hard way. I finally figured out that to lower my pH & KH, I had to mix RO water with my tap water. I have never had my pH drop below 7.0, but I know I can only use tap water for this, I just don't know how much of a wc is safe, or if I need to use pH Up or the alkaline buffer.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store