my fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jessu

AC Members
Dec 27, 2006
Click to make them bigger

Black Moor- Mojo
Whiter of the 2 calico - Pescado
Other calico- Rosco

fishman1979

Suffers from MTS
Feb 7, 2006
Aldan, PA
your fish look nice, you have a full tank shot and also what size tank are they in?

legendaryfrog

Tactical Refreshment Action
Nov 25, 2006
arlington heights - hoffman estates, IL
your tank is toooo small. goldfish like that need a minimum of 40 gallons.

Jessu

AC Members
Dec 27, 2006
Dont they grow with the tank?
I knew they could get big, I was under the impression that they would just stop at an ok size for the tank and their growth would just be stunted.

I do have a 10 gal tank that was my rats first home for a few weeks. Just got him a huge cage. Should I put them in the 10 gal.

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
Dont they grow with the tank?
I knew they could get big, I was under the impression that they would just stop at an ok size for the tank and their growth would just be stunted.

I do have a 10 gal tank that was my rats first home for a few weeks. Just got him a huge cage. Should I put them in the 10 gal.
that's not true. goldfish kept in tanks with proper water quality will grow large regardless of tank size, they get stunted when kept in tanks that are too small because their waste builds up too quickly for the filter to handle it, and it poisons them, thereby stopping their growth.

no. if you want to keep all 3, you will need a 55G tank.

Jessu

AC Members
Dec 27, 2006
that's not true. goldfish kept in tanks with proper water quality will grow large regardless of tank size, they get stunted when kept in tanks that are too small because their waste builds up too quickly for the filter to handle it, and it poisons them, thereby stopping their growth.

no. if you want to keep all 3, you will need a 55G tank.

Dose it cause them pain? Is it too late, they have been in there since the end of aug. Is their growth allready stunted?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store