Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. birdboy5

What guppies do you keep and what ones do you want to keep?

Look for color-changing guppies. They should be feeder guppies who's tails are yellow, and will change color a few times a day. They are rare, but are appearing everywhere now. They for sure are in Utah and San Diego (zoo, being fed to the snapping turtle). I'm trying to breed some more, and...
  2. birdboy5

Color change on platy?

I've only seen real color change in guppies. I start a thread on them. I don't think your platy has that trait, just its age. The color change trait allows a color changing guppy's tail to change different colors and designs. I would keep an eye out for color changers if you want to get guppies.
  3. birdboy5

Color change on platy?

It's pretty normal for fish to start changing color with age. It happens all the time with goldfish. Your platy is just getting old. Most livebearing fish don't live past 4 years, I think, so don't expect him to be around much longer.
  4. birdboy5

Color-changing Guppies

I do have pics, but they are really blurry and I would have to find them. I may have thrown them out.
  5. birdboy5

Color-changing Guppies

I do have pics, but they are really terrible. I used the guppy for a science project to try and breed it, but I failed. If only camera technology was better back then. I'll try and find them and post them,but I'm not making any promises.
  6. birdboy5

Color-changing Guppies

That's a possible name
  7. birdboy5

Color-changing Guppies

Need Name for Color-changing Guppies The guppy was completely naturally born from regular guppies. This post is for the purpose to find more color-changing guppies. All I want is for people to find them and breed them so they become an established chain. Also, I need a name to give them...
  8. birdboy5

Color-changing Guppies

The guppies are everywhere, they are just overlooked and no one pays attention to something that they are feeding their pets with. I wish someone who works at San Diego zoo would see these posts and check what they are feeding to the reptiles over there. There were only three that I knew were...
  9. birdboy5

Color-changing Guppies

wild, it is a common mistake to get the two mixed up, and only recently were endlers actually put into a different family, or so I was told. A picture in a book I have (the complete encyclopedia of aquarium and pond fish) looked like the guppies I had so I just assumed that's what they were.
  10. birdboy5

Color-changing Guppies

Sorry, no pics, and thanks for clarifying the difference, I appreciate it. I'm really trying to spread the word around so people will look for them.
  11. birdboy5

Color-changing Guppies

Ok, I know that all fish do that, but this guppy was different. He would change color multiple times a day. Breeding guppies only display a red/green color when they flush blood to their tails. I've even seen it happen. He would be yellow, then sky blue would start coming in, replacing the...
  12. birdboy5

What fish are under 1"

I definitely suggest the male endlers. Look for some that have fully colored tails, especially yellow or light blue. Watch them for a while, and they may change color. check my thread for color changing guppies (endlers livebearers) or just go to my profile. I'm trying to get the color changing...
  13. birdboy5

Color-changing Guppies

Um, I don't really remember. I think there were other guppies (females, but it would still change when away from them, plus male guppies flush blood to their tails when trying to attract mates). A ruby (rainbow) shark, a rainbow fish, and a blind cave tetra. those are the only ones I remember.
  14. birdboy5

Color-changing Guppies

Around two years ago one of my guppies gave birth to a male that could change color. I've looked all over the internet and could not find another account of a guppy that could change color. Its tail was usually yellow, but it would often change to blue, pink, black, orange and pink at the same...
  15. birdboy5

Color-changing Guppies

Around two years ago one of my guppies gave birth to a male that could change color. I've looked all over the internet and could not find another account of a guppy that could change color. Its tail was usually yellow, but it would often change to blue, pink, black, orange and pink at the same...
  16. birdboy5

hi

hi. I just posted a message on my profile about color-changing guppies. Anyone who is interested, go check it out.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store