Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. PattyCakes81

Questions about Invertebrates and soft, acidic water?

Hi guys, I have a few questions about Invertebrates (mostly nerite snails, Alamo shrimp and cherry shrimp in soft, acidic water: 1. Is it possible to be able to supplement enough calcium to prevent shell or exoskeleton erosion? 2. What is the best way to supplement calcium? 3. Does the...
  2. PattyCakes81

Aquascaping/planting help on standard 2.5 gallon rectangular tank.

Hi guys How would you aquascape this tank? What plants are best suited for a tank this size? I would like it to be a low light, low tech plant. It's my male betta's standard 2.5 gallon rectangular tank. Specifications: -Caribsea peace river gravel -A piece of mopani wood -A few smooth river...
  3. PattyCakes81

Which Anubias is it?

Hi guys, I have a question about the plant circled in red. I do know it's an Anubias. I bought it as Anubias Nana but this plant is larger than the Anubias Nana I see online. Is it Anubias Barteri? Thank you, Patty
  4. PattyCakes81

Does my betta have anchor worms or Ick? :'(

Oh gosh, anchor worms. Over never dealt with them. How the heck do you do the tweezing with a moving fish? Please help me on how. I don't want him to die. I only have him since July 2016. Thank you Patty
  5. PattyCakes81

They really don't look round, like ick. More like claw-like. Here are some close ups. Patty
  6. PattyCakes81

Hi guys, I think my betta Merric has anchor worms!! I think this because the white spots don't look like grains of salt/sand. I'm posting pictures to see if you guys can help me out. Depending of what you guys think he has, please suggest what do? Help needed, Patty
  7. PattyCakes81

My betta Merric doing much better but NOW looks like Ich!!! :'(

Hi guys, I have posted before about my male betta fish Merric not doing well. It looks like Merric my male betta is doing fine. His color has returned to normal, he is actively exploring his tank, he is swimming upright and he is no longer bloated. But NOW it looks like he has Ich!! He has...
  8. PattyCakes81

What is wrong with my betta, Merric? :'(

Hi guys, :'( My betta fish Merric is not doing good. Dont know what is wrong with him. Suddenly today he started hanging out behind the intake tube. He's bloated, was more grayish and brown, tilting to the side, he's eyes were also popping out a little bit. Here's video Any help greatly...
  9. PattyCakes81

Making the jump to T5 lighting from spiral fluorescent bulbs and I need help!

Thanks for response fishorama! 1. What wattage on the T5 you suggest getting if I go that route? 2. My current fixture has three sockets for spiral fluorescent bulbs, what wattage should I get if I go this route? I really don't want to do CO2. I would do dry ferts if need be. Patty
  10. PattyCakes81

2.5 Gallon Betta Tank

Thank you
  11. PattyCakes81

2.5 Gallon Betta Tank

Also meant to ask what light you have on the tank if you have one?
  12. PattyCakes81

Making the jump to T5 lighting from spiral fluorescent bulbs and I need help!

Hi guys, Finally decided to reset my 20 gallon high tank again. After a moving to another apartment fiasco! All my fishes got beat up pretty bad and didn't survive past 1 week! :( I was working on move day. Never again letting anyone else move my tank! I felt so horrible and irresponsible...
  13. PattyCakes81

2.5 Gallon Betta Tank

How you like that filter so far?
  14. PattyCakes81

2.5 Gallon Betta Tank

Beautiful betta! I agree with myswtsins, that wood is awesome. Makes the tank look larger! What type of filter is that?
  15. PattyCakes81

Is the white stuff growing on driftwood safe to eat by my betta fish?

Hi guys, I feed my betta Merric regularly. I've been noticing lately what looks like him eating the white stuff that's growing on my driftwood. He it okay for him to eat? I know corydoras habrosus loves ito and so does nerite snails. Thank you Patty
  16. PattyCakes81

Watch my guppy fry growing up

Awesome video! Love the colors you got. It's crazy that the two females looked pregnant already!
  17. PattyCakes81

Can vallisneria really be cut like grass?

Got it. Don't trim too low. Thanks tanker
  18. PattyCakes81

Can vallisneria really be cut like grass?

Hey guys, I'm interested in buying some vallisneria for my tanks. My question is can vallisneria be cut just like dwarf hairgrass without damaging the growth and/or plant? Thank you Patty
  19. PattyCakes81

What is too much light?

Hey Freshy, I was just listing what types of plants I might use. Most likely getting one anubias nana plant. One cryptocoryne wendtii (dont know which one yet) or cryptocoryne parva (but i haven't had any success in keeping them alive after the melt). Either wisteria or water sprite floating...
  20. PattyCakes81

What is too much light?

Hi guys, Is a 13W spiral fluorescent bulb to much for low light plants in a 2.5 gallon tank? I'm planning on planting it with anubias, cryptocoryne, amazon frogbit and marimo moss ball. The substrate is Caribsea Peace River. One small piece of mopani wood and some smooth river stones. What...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store