Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. H

What Would PETA Say to This?

Whatever PETA's wants and desires really are, they sure made you all think about their issues, ergo they have a very effective campaign. IMHO, as a member of PETA, the goal is simply to make you think about what you eat and how you live, not change everyone's opinions. The pictured...
  2. H

Considering adding a frog. Any suggestions?

African Dwarf Frogs are great! Be sure they're ADF's though and not African Clawed Frogs - look for webbing between their toes for ADF's. This site has an excellent ADF article written by Leopardess you should check out. It's in the Articles section and...
  3. H

Do your fish have names?

I name my distinctive fish. I keep mostly guppies by coloration in separate tanks, so it's a little pointless for me to name them, but everything else in my tanks gets a name. My names are also movie themed. I have: Randal, the indestructible ADF Dante, the Apple Snail Loki, the Japanese...
  4. H

Find your state

This is a very cool site! Thanx for dropping the link in here. Nerd that I am, I submitted two accounts they didn't have listed. I hope they still maintain the site!
  5. H

Just got my first tattoo

Nice grey work, Ryan! I'm a former body piercer and as such I have lotsa tattoos. Sitting in a shop with nothing to do leads to "I'll do this tattoo for that piercing" situations. I think my last count of separate tattoos (they're never done... I keep adding) was 8, including half sleeves...
  6. H

Read This Post Before Getting Fish

PLEASE make this a sticky!! My only addendums to gsk's wonderful missive are: Just because your fish can't fight back or vocalize to tell you they aren't comfortable, doesn't mean they aren't suffering and YOU are responsible for that suffering because YOU chose to keep fish. Accept the...
  7. H

Stocking new 58 gallon tank...

<applause> gsk!! After that, anything I say will just get me in trouble.
  8. H

Stocking a 5g hex

Fome, apple snails have a moderate - high plant eating capacity, including pomacea bridgesii which is the most common snail sold in LFS. Mystery snails have a slightly lower capacity to devour plants simply because they are smaller all around than apple snails. Best bet to save your plants are...
  9. H

Snails "commiting suiside"?

Poor Remmy! I'm not anywhere near an expert, but snails and frogs are my two dearest loves. Sounds like your snail tore it's collumelar muscle which is basically the only thing that holds the snail inside its shell. When the muscle tears the snail will literally walk out of its shell when it...
  10. H

ADF and Dwarf Gourami?

Thank you both, Lisa and Leopardess. I'll check with my lfs to make sure I can bring the Gourami back if he's too aggressive. Lisa, Randal is about 1" long. Leopardess, I've read your ADF article a few times. It's great!
  11. H

ADF and Dwarf Gourami?

First post for me, but I've been reading for about 3 weeks straight. I can't thank you all enough for the good questions asked by other newbies and the great range of answers given by the pros. My background: In early December I bought myself a 10 gallon aquarium thinking back to my...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store