Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. M

Endler's/ADF compatibility?

I'm glad they'll work - I'm headed to the LFS again today! How many would be okay to put in there? I don't think this LFS even sells females, but I don't want them anyway, as I don't have room for fry.
  2. M

Endler's/ADF compatibility?

I have a planted 5g tank that houses 2 female ADFs. I saw some male Endler's Livebearers at the LFS and fell in love. Would it be okay to get some Endlers, or is there a chance that the ADFs would harass them? thanks in advance!
  3. M

Is this enough lighting for a 5 gallon ?

I have wisteria in a 5g with a 10w cf bulb and it's doing great.
  4. M

snail advice

I have a bushy wisteria and an anubias (looks like frazeri, not sure) in the tank. I'm going to check out that link now - thanks!
  5. M

snail advice

I would like to get a snail for my 5g tank. Because it's so small, I am worried about having hundreds of snails eventually. I know if I don't overfeed there is less of a chance of that, but I still would prefer something that's not going to reproduce like crazy. The only snail I've seen that...
  6. M

1 mo old tank/fish.... addl info requested...

That sounds about normal for a dwarf frog to me! Mine have always been very timid until they become accustomed to the tank, then pretty active.
  7. M

Polished River rocks aquarium Safe?

I have some that I bought at Home Depot that have been in my tank for a year with no problems, and I know my mom has had some in her tank for several years. Mine didn't say anything about being aquarium-safe, either. I don't use them as substrate, though, just a few pretty ones scattered on...
  8. M

Need home for huge fish, Kansas City area

Just thought I would suggest trying to contact an LFS who may be able to take them. I'm guessing not many people have tanks big enough for those guys! That way maybe you could get them to a better sized tank sooner and they will be happier. I hope you can find a place for them soon - Good luck!
  9. M

fluffy white fungus??

does it look like this? If so, I have the same thing. It's fuzz algae.
  10. M

African Dwarf Frog advice

A whole cube for 2 frogs every day? I guess it depends on the size of the cube (off topic, but I wish I could find tiny cubes somewhere!) I don't feed my pair that often. Their bellies are still pretty round the day after a feeding, so I feed them 1 cube (fully thawed in tank water) every...
  11. M

What's on wisteria?

one more thing - could the algae be contributing to causing the brown tips or do I have two issues?
  12. M

What's on wisteria?

No ferts, no CO2. I think I'll cut the light down to 10 hours a day and see if that helps, and definitely check out the sticky. Thanks!
  13. M

What's on wisteria?

sorry, I should have thought to take those from the beginning! Sorry for the image quality...these are the first tank pics I've ever taken and I can't get them quite sharp enough. thanks for looking!
  14. M

What's on wisteria?

I bought some wisteria for my 5g a few weeks ago and it's not looking very good. I planted the stems in a tank that has been running for a year. I keep it heated to about 78F and have a 10w cf light on about 12 hours a day. Today I noticed the tips of some of the leaves turning brown, and...
  15. M

5g light/heater advice

I have an Eclipse 5g hex tank that has been running for a year, but I am working on making it prettier. I've had a live plant in it (some type of anubias I believe, I haven't found anything that looks exactly like it so I'm not sure) the whole time with just the 15w incandescent light that came...
  16. M

dwarf frogs

I have 2 ADFs in a tank with a few rasboras and I just drop the thawed food in there. The fish eat some, but most sinks to the bottom and the frogs eat until their bellies are round. I have one that is HUGE and will eat anything and one that was starting to look scrawny until I started feeding...
  17. M

what to do about rosy barb?

I had a pair of rosy barbs, but one died several days ago. Since then, the other one has been swimming rapidly up, down and around the tank. I don't really want to get another rosy barb, as they get a little large for the tank I have (only 5 gallons) and are aggressive with the other fish, but...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store