Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. MMarr

Hi all - Newbie

oh and katykaye if you've decided to return (remove, whatever, etc) your goldfish and get some tropical fish, you will definately need a heater and submersible thermometer! :read: Im just sayin...
  2. MMarr

Newbie cycling 6ft tank

angelfish are beautiful fishbut are very sensitive fish, so you really gotta do your research if you plan on getting them, but again, veruy gorgeous fish
  3. MMarr

Is this a good deal?

That was a well said rant, i totally agree :hi:
  4. MMarr

Would this be overkill?

Other than the glass catfish, that sounds decent. And if you removed the catfish from your tank expanding the size of one of those schools sounds lke a great idea. If i were you i would go for 10 cherry barbs, i love cherry barbs. They're small too, beautiful. Also, clown plecos grow...
  5. MMarr

This is a bit disgusting.. Fish poo EVERYWHERES

No apologies necessary, your like, an aquarium god, 1850G.. when i heard that i could barely believe it, then i saw the pics and was stunned... but YES, thank you very much for the help! :D
  6. MMarr

Safe OPG (wut's OPG you ask?)

I think he mean 2 OPG and that you should add 5 or 6 to your tank. At least thats what i got out of it
  7. MMarr

Gravel vacuum and dust

EDIT: Accidentally double posted, sorry..!!
  8. MMarr

Gravel vacuum and dust

Yes that sounds normal, I have a bit of a trick to keeping the mess down tho. When you dig into the graval and you notice the dust and the feces and all of that coming up, take the vacuum out of the graval and make sure the water inside of it is quite clear before moving on to the next section...
  9. MMarr

Is this a good deal?

I know how you feel... around here we have Pets Unlimited and PetCentral and PetCentral sells dyed fish to unsuspecting users all the time, and Pets Unlimited has dead fish in almost all of their tanks... unfortunately they have the better selection of fish too...
  10. MMarr

Oh goodness, I do regular water changes literally every 2-4 days. I suction all the graval until what im suctioning is clear, and then if i dont have 25% of the water, ill suction the outside of the decorations to remove large amounts of algae (my pleco usually takes care of it however) but i...
  11. MMarr

Ok so about 5 minutes ago i "vacuumed my substrate/ did a 25% water change". so I finished doing that, and dumped out the water. I came back to the tank... and I hadnt been able to find my African Clawed frog.. so I lifted one of my decorations (its like a mini cave) and as i opened it, fish...
  12. MMarr

Cycling a new tank

Better yet, take a handful of gravel from the cycled tank and take media from the cycled filter and switch it with your new filter-media. This should take weeks off of the cycling process, and it definatley wont hurt your fish at all, it would do the contrary and save them from being exposed to...
  13. MMarr

Automatic Feeder?

I don't recommend using those. I put one of those in my tank and when I came back 5 days later my ammonia level was shot, and i had massive patches of string algae about 4cm long. And right when i put it in I noticed that it was allowing a LOT of fish food out, right from the get go. So if...
  14. MMarr

Yay!! A new Pleco!

I got a new medium sized black pleco added to my aquarium! So i know that they are Peaceful, they are solitary fish, they can grow to be 18", they are herbivorous, and they enjoy eating vegetables and not just algae. I've read this entire page...
  15. MMarr

Best Master test kit on market?

Unfortunately for us Canadians if we were to order that test kit it would cost us 34$CA, which is quite a bit more than you guys are paying :(
  16. MMarr

Salt???

Hahahah O YES, Canadians rule! (no offense to everyone else :read: )
  17. MMarr

The Who, What, When, Where, Why and How of Quarantine-discussion thread

Wow! That's crazy that you can cycle a tank so quickly, just by switching media. Anyways, thanks alot for the info!
  18. MMarr

Salt???

According to my research Panda Cories (probably goes for all corydoras, not sure however) salt is not well tolerated, but if you need to treat the tank they will survive
  19. MMarr

Lowering my pH, and what should I do with my Betta?

Wow, I thank you all very much for the great tips. I will be getting a high range pH kit very soon, and hopefully a kH and gH kit if theres any available. I'm sorry to say that my betta fish died a couple of days ago :sad: found him floating sideways at the top of my tank... but thanks...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store