Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. BBN

My Gouramis just hang out at the top

Awesome. Thanks guys
  2. BBN

Thanks for that info. I have to do a cleaning out of the water sprite every few weeks just to leave some light open for the bottom plants. These plants multiply like crazy! I like to keep at least half of the surface free from floating plants. I've got three different Gouramis in my 20g tall...
  3. BBN

Many times just sitting there in the water sprite like they're stoned staring up. LOL Is this about par for them?
  4. BBN

Two questions about stocking

Thank you! I added 3 corys yesterday. They're the first fish in and I'm going add 3 more cory. When can I safely do this? I don't want to overload the bioload too quickly.
  5. BBN

Thank you!
  6. BBN

Hey all. I have a 20g tank. Not sure what the definition of tall or long is but it's 24" wide and 13" front to back. Eventually, I would love to have 5 albino corys (I have three now), 5 blackskirt tetras, and five neon tetras. 1. Is this an OK mix? 2. Would I be overloading my aquarium with...
  7. BBN

floating plants getting caught in filter current

Well, I bought an air pump with a small wand and have a water fluval cannister with a spray bar on the way so hopefully that helps.
  8. BBN

Great idea. Thank you!
  9. BBN

Has anyone dealt with this? I purchased a bunch of floating plants today and most of them are having an issue getting caught in the trap of getting caught in the spill of the water float away only to be drawn back in. Many of them are getting hung uo under water on other plants. Has anyone...
  10. BBN

Angelfish, Convicts Next to Get Glo Genes

I don't see it as cruel. The genetic altering I see as cruel are those balloon mollies that can't seem to swim or in dogs, English Bulldogs that have all kinds of problems from hip issues to respiratory problems because the way they have been bred for "the look".
  11. BBN

My 15 gallon FL theme tank.

lucky stiffs. I live in IL and we don't have the neat fish. LOL I'm in St Augustine on vacation right now and love it here.
  12. BBN

Extreme heat: house gets hot when I'm gone

How about just setting your thermostat to 80-82? It wouldn't use a lot of energy to do that.
  13. BBN

My upgrade from 30 to 80 G

sweet setup. Bet those neons feel like they're in a lake as big as that is. :)
  14. BBN

Evolution of my tank

Great job. I can't get plants to grow myself. That's probably up to each individual, though.
  15. BBN

How do I lower my pH?

I was pretty worried that I did more harm with the pH down so that's why I went with the RO water and did one major water change followed by frequent water changes until I had an even 7.0. Now I cruise at 7.0 and everything's been healthy in there for over a year now. Haven't lost a fish since...
  16. BBN

good powerhead for a 55g

Thanks for the suggestions. My emphasis is to once again create some movement on the other side of my tank without overwhelming my beta at the top.
  17. BBN

How do I lower my pH?

it is kind of. I spend about $10/mo on water so it isn't a major investment.
  18. BBN

How do I lower my pH?

Our PH in our town is ridiculously high too. Perfect for livebearers, but kills tetras. I would dump tons and tons of pH down or other pH drop stuff into my tank and nothing would work. I just started buying the 2.5g plastic jugs of "drinking water" from Walmart for all of my water changes. If...
  19. BBN

good powerhead for a 55g

Right now I have a filter for one side, but want something on the other side of the tank to get the water moving on that side. Don't need anything strong since I have a beta in there. My other fish are 7 black skirts, 5 neons and 3 cories. Would a maxi jet 600 be too strong for the beta? Thanks
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store