good powerhead for a 55g

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BBN

Braves on the Warpath
Apr 3, 2003
Marion, Illinois
Visit site
Right now I have a filter for one side, but want something on the other side of the tank to get the water moving on that side. Don't need anything strong since I have a beta in there. My other fish are 7 black skirts, 5 neons and 3 cories. Would a maxi jet 600 be too strong for the beta? Thanks

FishTank719

AC Members
Apr 25, 2010
in my 55G i went for the aqua clear 70 works wonders for me, also i attached a quick filter for a little extra!! hope this helps!!

BBN

Braves on the Warpath
Apr 3, 2003
Marion, Illinois
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. My emphasis is to once again create some movement on the other side of my tank without overwhelming my beta at the top.

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
I have an Eheim aquaball and a compact 1000 pump lying around. Both are relatively gentle as far as current. They work fine, but I have Najas in most of my tanks and have found that aquaclear powerheads with penguin prefilter sponges work better for me, they don't clog as quickly.
The aquaball has a suction cup holder and 3 attachable sections to hold filter media.
The compact 1000 has 4 small suction cups mounted on the housing. It's simply a water pump with an adjustable flow rate, but more versatile regarding placement.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store