Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. J

guppies for trade in harrisburg pa

tetra brand. i got them with the tanks at wal-mart. I will have to take photos of them. where in pa are you?
  2. J

guppies for trade in harrisburg pa

I have alot of guppies i don't want to let them all go but i am willing to let a few go. also i would like to get some mollies or any other live barrer if anyone has any for trade or free. I would rather not have these become feeders. some are cool looking. with yellow and black in there tail...
  3. J

Bio-Spira, does it work?

i found out since most of my filters i have take the same boi bags that i can cycle them faster buy taking a boi bag out of a tank i already have set up and put it into the filter with the new tank. and after 24 hours my levels seam to get faily good. then i put some fish in and don't have any...
  4. J

Fancy tail guppy for sale

mine did the same thing then a month or so later. the mother had more. i count like 20 some bigger ones in my tank and around 30 smaller ones. my male looks very cool with a yellow tail and black specs on it and black lines and all. be has like a black dot on his sides also right behind the...
  5. J

I just set up 3 tanks i got at a yard sale

lol yeah i know it was a good find. the lady wanted more for them but i made a offer for them all. and she said sold. and that her husbin told her he wasn't going to hall them back home. if i would of known that i would of offered less lol
  6. J

Should Walmart sell fish?

most of the wal-marts in my area are nice and clean. and the pet areas are ok. but i was at one wal-mart thats like a 30 min drive from me and it was nasty. i walked by the fish and the tanks were full of dead fish and it stunk like rottening fish. then a few months later i went back to that...
  7. J

I just set up 3 tanks i got at a yard sale

I lucked out got all of them for 35 dollars. i got two 29 gallon tanks with stands and one 10 gallon that didnt have a stand. lights heaters and filters came with all of them. I don't have any fish in them yet. I am trying to make sure all the levels are good first one of my other tanks is...
  8. J

Couldn't believe my ears

lol. the wal-mart close to were i live doesnt even sell 20 gallon tanks. they have 5 gallon 10 gallon 29 gallon and close to xmas they get some 55 gallon tanks in to sell. That guy must of thought it was ok to do that. you look at the tanks they have in wal-mart they have more fish in each...
  9. J

Best Deal You've Ever Made

Last year i got a 27 gallon hex tank for 14 dollors at an auction,with the hood filter and heater . then about a month ago i got a 10 gallon for free with the heater and gravel and hood and filter everything sitting next to a dumpster
  10. J

Aquarium Supply Websites??

i like http://www.thatfishplace.com
  11. J

fish tank auction

If you want to get more money out of it. take more photos of it take photos of the filter take photos of the inside of the stand. take photos of the side and a photo of the top/ so people see the hood and take one of the inside of the hood. make sure that it is clean :-) normaly the more photos...
  12. J

Why?!?!:(:(:(

that is true. i know to stay away from a few around here. but http://www.thatfishplace.com is only an hour drive from where i live. and there prices are lower then wal-mart
  13. J

Why?!?!:(:(:(

just dont buy them from wal-mart unless you like contamenating your hole tank.
  14. J

Male betta (10 gal) with females?

i've had beta's that would attack anything in the tank with them then i have had others that got along with everything eles in the tank
  15. J

any one know of a good diet?

I was wondering what major city your close too? i just saw that your in pa
  16. J

Guppys i want to be fair

I have 11 guppies in a 10 gallon. it started out with 4 in a 2 old day setup. the 4 guppies had fry and the adults all died 3 fry lived to adult, out of those 3 i had 1 male and 2 female. hey had fry i counted 10 baby's and only the female adults died. the male lived and out of all the fry 10...
  17. J

please i.d. these cichlids

you could go to http://www.thatfishplace.com and they show photos of the fish they have for sale. maybe you could come across them that way.
  18. J

need filter info

I have a old Secondnature whisper power filter model 2. I got it will a tank that was by the dumster at my apt complex. I brought the tank and everything into my apt. and set it up. I have the paper work for it. the paper work says copyright 1985 and its good for up to a 40 gallon tank. i was...
  19. J

Aqua-Tech Filters

i have some probloms with mine that the cartages get plugged up right away. i take them out and run them under hot water to try and get the slim off of them. sometimes it works and other times it doesnt. lately i have just been putting a new one in but in less then a week they get plugged again...
  20. J

Guppys i want to be fair

i've had them sucked into my filter before and when i went to clean the filter and i dumped the water out i found 10 baby's in the filter and somehow they were still alive i dumped them into a smaller tank and 6 of them made it
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store