Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. ragc

1 yr, 10 mo. in a 10 gallon reef

Once again a progress report on my ten gallon reef: All goes well. Li'l fish continues to enjoy his fiefdom. Not a lot of fussing, just keeping the caulerpa down and the water changed every month and a half or so. The modified skilter keeps working excellently. I don't check my parameters...
  2. ragc

I don?t skim.

It's good to be back! I truly have not messed much with my tank, except for periodic partial water changes, water topping, and cutting the caulerpa when it overgrows it's corner. This has been caused as much by lack of time as by the growth of confidence that the system will balance itself if...
  3. ragc

I don?t skim.

I ran very successfully without a skimmer for a long time. Even now, my skimmer is a home-modified Skilter 250, which most laugh at as it's not supposed to be any good (it works well enough for my 10 gallon nano). I tend to leave the tank be for multi-month periods and it's crawling with 'bad'...
  4. ragc

1 3/4 years in a 10 gallon reef

Took a couple tonight: My modified Skilter 250 filter/skimmer (works great!), the nano filter and the surface skimmer the nano works from. Candy Cane, Zoos, Anthelia, Green Star, Mushroom?, and Li'l B... Li'l B (Real Name: Little B*st*rd - he is a yellowtailed damsel after...
  5. ragc

Well, let's see... Fish - around $3.00 Coral - around $150.00 (it's mostly from small frags) rock - around $50.00?? sand - around $10.00?? equipment (see signature) - around $200.00 to $250.00 I have not made any expenses on it in such a long time except for cost of water (my RO unit...
  6. ragc

I will...tomorrow if I can... Everything you see comes from small frags.
  7. ragc

Inside the pink Anthelia... probably not doing very well in the competition for light. I see the tip is alive, but no longer can see the rest. The Anthelia took off so fast it surrounded it before I could do anything (and it was doing soo well). This is the best photo I can take now: When I...
  8. ragc

I have not posted for a while. I started this 10 gallon reef July 2005. This is what it looks like now. Lil'B, my yellowtailed blue damsel has been the only fish in it, and he has been in it from day one. Once stabilized (about 8 months), I have had no problems keeping the...
  9. ragc

Cryptoheros sajica fry!!!!

Our Owner has been away almost every day. He comes in late at night, and feeds us only once or twice. It's not like it used to be when we were small fry. Pops has no time for us either...he has been doing something with our new Mom... Our Home Today the Owner returned, fished out 20...
  10. ragc

Thanks!
  11. ragc

Dad was eager to mate again and she was not. I found her all battered up and she didn't make it in the hospital tank...lesson: use dividers when they are back to their spawning colors until Mom is nice and ready... Yes, they are T-Bar cichlids, Cryptoheros sajica. Great medium size Central...
  12. ragc

9 weeks...move out day! Took about 40 to the LFS. Around 20 hid and stayed with Dad and his new girlfriend (much younger than poor Mom). The bio-load was getting to be too much, with filters clogging daily. The pix: Were going away! Gonna miss the ol' place! Now we have more...
  13. ragc

Beat-up T-Bar female

Well, she didn't make it... Lady Jaguar was a beautiful fish, and I'm happy to have her fry. Maybe one of her daughters will be as beautiful.
  14. ragc

Beat-up T-Bar female

Many of you may have been following my posts on the fry my T-bars have been raising. It had been going so well...! Last night my wife called me to let me know she could not find the female. I looked but she was not to be found, either floating or swimming. I waited until "lights out" and...
  15. ragc

7 weeks!
  16. ragc

6 weeks...here are the pix: Dad and fry Mom and fry Taking on sajica appearance...got the T-Bar Good lookin"
  17. ragc

Suicide by anemone?

crackhead AND clumsy!
  18. ragc

Suicide by anemone?

It's been three times I come home and find one of my old nassarius snails well inside my curlicue anemone's reach (1/4" from it), with it's shell opening pointing up. I move it away and set it on it's foot and it slithers away as if nothing happened. Is this a crackhead snail? Is it trying to...
  19. ragc

It's been a while...

It's been a while since I posted in SW. I've been occupied with fry in my cichlid tank. My 10 gal nano reef continues to thrive. Some pix: The tank. Li'l B*st*rd, my Yellowtailed Damsel, in his garden.
  20. ragc

New fry photos at 5 weeks old: Mom and her fry (at least some of them!) We're growing! Hello!
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store