Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. b_evans06

small yellowish worm seen in tank

I rinse my filter and filter floss each water change but I do seem to overfeed however.
  2. b_evans06

What do I need to rid it from my tank?
  3. b_evans06

I have been looking at the tank very closely and just found where there are tiny little white worm looking creatures. Maybe a 1/16" very tiny. I will try to get a pic of at all possible. They are below the gravel next to the edge of the tank and I can see them barely moving around. There are a...
  4. b_evans06

I wasn't able to take a pic or catch it. Upon stirring it up it just sank down the the bottom and went into the rocks. It was wiggling the whole time. I don't know what it was doing before I stirred it up. I moved my mag-float and drug the gravel and it came floating up into the water. It looked...
  5. b_evans06

Was getting ready to turn off my lights and saw a smallish (around 1/4") long yellowish worm wiggling around in the water. Never have seen anything like that before. tank is 20 gallon with gold barbs, black ruby tiger barbs, cory cats, an otto, and a snail. Nothing new has been added within the...
  6. b_evans06

multiple problems in my 20g

Upon further watching it looks as if the wound is just on the surface. The fish is normally yellow being a gold barb and the spot is white. I can still see lines in the white spot that look like scales. I don't know what a fish looks like without scales. The fish looks normal except the white...
  7. b_evans06

I am going to the local pet store for a water test tomorrow morning. The store is not the normal petco or petsmart its a local owned one so the people actually know what they are doing. I am thinking the barb may have scraped its side on the rocks because the fish always swim around frantically...
  8. b_evans06

To start off my tank is a 20g with 6 gold barbs, 6 black ruby tiger barbs, and 3 julii cory cats. Has been set up for nearly 2 years with 0 problems. Is medium planted and I do regular water changes. Usually I have time each day to sit and watch my fish for a few minutes but this summer I have...
  9. b_evans06

Ahh! Gold Barbs driving me nuts

That is true they are not the brightest and they do not seem to learn since they do continue to dig up the plants everyday. This has been happening for 2 weeks. I have put lettuce and cucumber in the tank before and they did not seem too interested. I will try some peas.
  10. b_evans06

Anyone else have their own explanation for why the fish act like this?
  11. b_evans06

I have had the fish for 2 years and I have never seen any signs of breeding in the past. I am unsure if they do not like the plants, like them and are trying to eat them, or some other reason I am unaware of.
  12. b_evans06

I recently purchased a bunch of micro sword plants for my 20g aquarium. Planted the micro sword in small little bunches all over the bottom of the tank. Now every day when I come home from work the plants are uprooted. I watched for awhile and the gold barbs bite the ends of the plant and start...
  13. b_evans06

What kind of fish do you use for algae control?

I have an otto in my 20g along with a mag-float. Keeps it clear.
  14. b_evans06

Aquaclear 50 setup

On my aquaclear 50 I have 2 layers of the foam and a bag of biomax on top. Seems to work well the water is clear and the fish are healthy.
  15. b_evans06

125 planted tank

Very nice!
  16. b_evans06

Legs for lights

The legs that were included with my Current Satellite light worked fine with my glass lid. The legs just rest on the corner.
  17. b_evans06

Does anyone have MOSQUITO FISH?

They are in all of the local rivers in my area. I have caught some in the past to keep in a 4ft tank with some blue gill. Gave the blue gill something to do.
  18. b_evans06

HOW DO YOU DRIVE ?(speed racer)?

I usually drive like an old man, unless I am on a curvy country road then I like to drive fast.
  19. b_evans06

Regarding Ghost Shrimps

I bought 6 ghost shrimp for my 20g with barbs and cories. When I woke up the next morning they were gone.
  20. b_evans06

Java moss color

I know I am not much help but I thought I would mention that I had a large bunch of java moss live in complete darkness for 3 months in a bucket. I took it out of the tank and forgot about it. I gave it to a friend who put it in her tank and its doing fine.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store