Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. irishspy

Great Paradise Fish--Picture Career Season 10

Beautiful. I love paradise fish.
  2. irishspy

40 Breeder Stocking with Cories--am I crazy?

This is my understanding, too: they see the corys as a threat. Maybe gouramies as a centerpiece, instead?
  3. irishspy

Do I need more CO2?

That's a very handy chart. Thanks for posting it.
  4. irishspy

New 75 gallon planted

Seachem makes good root tabs.
  5. irishspy

New 75 gallon planted

Looks very nice. It's a good idea to stick with low-light plants at the lower levels and substrate, since (IIRC) the PAR values will be fairly low down there in a tank that size. Since you're using plain gravel, you might want to get some root tabs for the crypts and swords -- they're heavy root...
  6. irishspy

So here's my new Betta!

Handsome little guy, lovely shade of blue! If you haven't bought any plants yet, the bettas I've had liked anubias because they could rest on it.
  7. irishspy

What was the last thing you bought?

Lettuce.
  8. irishspy

75 Gallon Stocking Idea

A typical 75g is 48" x 18" x 21".
  9. irishspy

Ten Gallon Update

You've done a nice job with that: the stem plants make a nice forest, and the platys look like good specimens. (I think platys are an underrated fish, frankly) And your water is amazingly clear.
  10. irishspy

Stocking 20gl

Ember tetras are quite nice, as are harlequin rasboras.
  11. irishspy

20g-Long build thread

Got a surprise yesterday evening when I came home and went to feed the fish: I found this little guy dashing out for food - Where there were five platys, there are now six. :D From his size and development I'd say he was a few days old. And I've never known a livebearer to give birth to...
  12. irishspy

20g-Long build thread

Turns out I wasn't optimistic enough: A little bit longer than a week after buying them, I was down to one, who' still happily swimming around. Maybe he's a serial killer... :eek:
  13. irishspy

20g-Long build thread

I predict that , by later today, we'll be up to 5 of 7 dead. :mad:
  14. irishspy

20g-Long build thread

So far... :( I've lost three of the seven in just four days. Hopefully the rest make it. Water conditions are good, so I'm putting this down to neon "delicateness." :rolleyes:
  15. irishspy

20g-Long build thread

Thanks! :)
  16. irishspy

20g-Long build thread

Thought I'd try a short video via my S5, too. Came out not bad:
  17. irishspy

20g-Long build thread

Hi all, Haven't done a tank update in a while, but I just added some new fish, so I guess it's a good time. :) Picked up a small school of seven neon tetras at Petco today. Pricier than the nearby LFS, but, to be honest, these looked healthier. Anyway, here they are enjoying their new home...
  18. irishspy

Great Paradise Fish--Picture Career Season 9

Those are some of the prettiest Paradises I've seen. Great photos.
  19. irishspy

Help: New 40 Gallon Freshwater Tank

Agreed. A small school of Rummynoses or Bloodfins should be okay and look quite nice.
  20. irishspy

Blackskirt tetras in a 20L

"20L" means a 20-Long or 20-Liter? If the former, given an Aquaclear 50 filter, AqAdviser's calculator says 15 would take up 67% of your filtration capacity. You won't have much room for any sort of a clean-up crew, though.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store