So here's my new Betta!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

PattyCakes81

AC Members
Jun 26, 2010
Staten Island, New York
Real Name
Patricia
Purigen would be my choice if you want to reduce tannins. It lasts much longer than carbon and is rechargeable. But, Betas love the tannins.
Yeah they do love them. I'll leave it like that. It's just tea colored not cloudy anymore.

irishspy

There is a stargate in my aquarium.
Handsome little guy, lovely shade of blue! If you haven't bought any plants yet, the bettas I've had liked anubias because they could rest on it.

Reactions: PattyCakes81

PattyCakes81

AC Members
Jun 26, 2010
Staten Island, New York
Real Name
Patricia
Handsome little guy, lovely shade of blue! If you haven't bought any plants yet, the bettas I've had liked anubias because they could rest on it.
Thanks irishspy!

In the process of choosing what plants to buy. Since my tank is only 2.5 gallons i want to choose plants that won't out grow the tank. I most certainly want to get anubias and cryptocoryne plants. What you suggest?

Kannan Fodder

AC Members
Jun 2, 2014
Las Vegas/San Diego
Real Name
Michelle
Avoid moneywort and water wisteria! Anubias nana petite stays small, and is fairly easy to keep. (I say "fairly easy" because we have some at work in betta cups on the betta display, and it's looking rather pathetic after 6 months of pretty bad lighting.)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store