Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. LongTime

3 Tetra died in about 3 days?

I go with it being a "mini cycle" as well. Never change all of the filter medium at once and if you have sponges you don't need to throw them away until they are falling apart. I don't know what type of filter you have but if you have one that has room for a sponge and a charcoal pad get rid of...
  2. LongTime

Name that one fish that you totally regret getting...

Ah yes...I remember it well...It was a red snakehead that could eat anything that that wasn't twice its size. Second place goes to a female jack dempsey that had now problem demolishing other dempseys, Texas cichlids and just about anything else in my 125 gal.
  3. LongTime

jack dempsey expert needed

I don't think the betta finds it a lot of fun.
  4. LongTime

Aeration and Bubble Size

Thanks for the discussion. I found it quite interesting.
  5. LongTime

which aquarium magazine is the best?

I used to love TFH and subscribed for over 20 years. Then Axelrod died and it just became more of a commercial for their books. It just did not have a lot of helpful information. FMA is now my choice.
  6. LongTime

Aeration and Bubble Size

Yes, the product is for livewells but I am still became interested in the bubble size question.
  7. LongTime

Python Faucet Adaptor

I had the same problem, got the universal adapter and did not have any problems. You can also check your local hardware store and save some $$$. :)
  8. LongTime

Aeration and Bubble Size

I found the following statement at this site: http://www.keepalive.net/guide.htm. "SIZE AND AMOUNT OF AIR BUBBLES Take a look at at the air bubbles produced by an aquarium aerator. Watch how quickly the bubbles rise to the surface. They provide little aeration, but are aesthetically...
  9. LongTime

Covicts actuing weird....

Male convicts can be abusive. They could be trying to stay out of his way!
  10. LongTime

Canister Filters - What Do You Prefer?

I have a eheim classic,quite a few FilStars, a Vortex Diatom, and a very old Fluval. I don't know anything about the newer model Fluvals, so...no comment. Vortex Diatom - This filter is not designed for regular day-to-day use. It would clog much to fast for that. It is a water polisher and...
  11. LongTime

Baby Tiger Oscar

Remember, convicts are egg layers. Her color will get quite intense, especially the spot on her belly. You have to decide what you want to do with all of the fry. I do not tank mine out of the tank and most get eaten. When I have too many convicts, I take the surving babies to my LFS
  12. LongTime

HELP with fish stuff

If water changes alone don't fix the level of your pH, just leave it the way it is. Most fish will do well with that pH, but you will have some, cardinal tetras as an example, that just won't breed. I would also not try keeping neons at the high a pH either, they can be a little tempermental...
  13. LongTime

Baby Tiger Oscar

1) Oscars are notorious about rearanging their environment to make themselves happy. If they can move it, they will at least once. I've had them move all the gravel to 1 side of the tank. I even had a war going on with one over a plastic plant I liked. I'd submerge it and the oscar would pull it...
  14. LongTime

Confused about filters

WHAT KIND OF FISH DO YOU HAVE? We cannot give you good filter advice untilyou tell us what kind of fish you have.
  15. LongTime

oscar stater questions

What size tank?
  16. LongTime

Confused about filters

What type of fish do you have? I am asking because some fish require more filtration than others. I have canister, HOB (Hang on the Back), and even an undergravel currently in use but not all on the same tank. :) I have a diatom I use from time to time. I have even used air driven sponge...
  17. LongTime

Dead Fish

Sorry about your loss. I admire your courage to start again instead of just sayING *%#@)* hobby and giving up. Hang in there and take it slow. In my 40+ years in this hobby I have had "fish execution chambers" in my time. Now, knock on wood, my only losses have been due to old age (fish not me...
  18. LongTime

Petting oscars

bob1962, aren't you a little crowed?
  19. LongTime

MSNBC seems to care less

I’m not going to get into the pro/con of Bush or Iraq. I read the post and it does contain facts. It just doesn’t have all of them. First, go hear: http://www.ngb.army.mil/news/story.asp?id=1736 to see the strength of the National Guard. Hear are a few quotes from the site: “As of today...
  20. LongTime

Tetra Aqua Blackwater Extract

It is a good product, but you don't need it for your angels. I last used it to breed neons a long time ago.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store