Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. X

is it possible to Over- Oxygenate the tank/water ?

I rinsed out the fine media from my Rena XP3 into some tank water in a dish and put it in a bottle which is pretty much the same thing I did to seed this tank from my other tank. If its slow in cycling I can swap out some of the bio media too. Ron was too impatient to try fishless cycling so I...
  2. X

Killing pond snails on isolated plantes with ammonia?

I'm using ammonia to cycle a tank now and added some plants a couple days ago. The few snails I missed have all died, but the plants are looking good. I'm keeping ammonia at ~4ppm until the cycle is complete.
  3. X

Sealant for plexglass or acrylic?

Plexiglas is the original brand name for acrylic plastic. Bonding acrylic to acrylic is done with a chemical solvent that melts the two pieces together. Your best bet for bonding acrylic to glass that will be safe for fish is silicone. The bond strength between acrylic and glass using silicone...
  4. X

FREE Playsand - 92705 - Local Pickup Only

I have two bags of playsand I picked up second hand. Realized I have more than I need already. If anyone wants one or both just come get them.
  5. X

Overflow and pipe diameter

Remember you can always valve flow down.
  6. X

FS Narrow Leaf Java fern

Just replied to your PM
  7. X

FS Victor regulator 253B $75/shipped

hmmm I'm mighty tempted
  8. X

Overdriven Normal Output Lighting

I've been running my setup at 2X for a few months now. Nothing gets warm enough to even warrant thinking about a fan.
  9. X

New Sump Design

Sorry I can't give you any empirical data on linear flow through baffles, but it is nice to see someone else using SolidWorks. My new sump got sidelined by a bike overhaul or three.
  10. X

New Sump Idea

The drawings are done with solidworks. I figured out how much space I have then tried to fit everything the sump needs and the extra features I want (like the fry tank) into that space. I dont consider this one a finished design yet.
  11. X

New Sump Idea

After some further consideration I have a new design. The media bins slide down into the sump.
  12. X

PVC pipes for plecos

Just use ABS fittings instead. They're safe and you don't have to hassle with any paint.
  13. X

ID this disease? on my Dwarf Gourami

I had been considering getting some antibiotics, I think I will for sure now.
  14. X

Not very long, about three weeks. I've quarantined the gourami for now to see if he improves.
  15. X

Found Dead PolkaDot Loach behind the tank!

I had two kuhlis do that. One I found dried up, but I was able to rescue the other.
  16. X

I noticed this sore on my dwarf gourami a couple days ago and I've been watching to see any progression. His behavior seems pretty normal, no obvious signs of distress so I'm at a loss. It almost seems like he's being eaten. The tank houses the dwarf gourami, a juvenile sailfin pleco and 25...
  17. X

New Sump Idea

Thanks for the replies 1. This is a first step. Changing chamber volumes is very easy to do now. 2. This is also easy enough to add in. 3. The bulkhead fitting is threaded on both ends. I can move the return pump suction out towards the center of the chamber. Also I can move hole locations with...
  18. X

New Sump Idea

My current sump works fine but I'd like to add a fry tank to it and right now I just don't have the room. I've been working on a model of possible new sump and I'd like some feedback. Biological media capacity is a little over 2.3 gallons. Mechanical media capacity is a bit higher. The...
  19. X

SHRIMP IN SOCK

Ammonia is $3 a quart at Ace Hardware. I didnt even use 1/4 of it to cycle my 55g.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store