Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. D

Monster Energy Drinks vs. Monster Fish Keepers...spread the word!

OUCH! I agree the logo and the name isn't all that, but this is about principle - monster energy has no case! I've been sued before by another company who used the same common dictionary word in their company name.... I told them from the get go where they could go and they eventually just...
  2. D

FS Moving Sale Central INDIANA

I've got a 150g aquarium with stand that I am going to look to sale. The tank isn't much more than a year old and has painted back and left side - it was in a corner. I would like to get $200 for it. If you need them I might also be willing to part with 2026 eheims, penguin 350s, etc I...
  3. D

poor goldies

Make him live in a cardboard box for a few days ... I imagine after just a few minutes he would get the point.
  4. D

New goldies & anchor worm

I just put in the second dose (48 hours) ... another 48 hours and it says to do a water change and put the carbon back in. The fish is already looking better - the red sores are almost gone and the worms are starting get darker in color - hopefully they will fall off as I dont really want do do...
  5. D

Well they didnt have any of that dimilin stuff - I was lucky enough (I guess) that they had 1 pack of API general cure left so I grabbed it. It says that its designed to treat anchor worms among other things. It contains metronidazole and praziquantel both mentioned in some of those links...
  6. D

Thanks for the links! I will head over to Pet Smart and see if I can get some dimilin and some medicated food ... I think I will treat the infected fish at first hoping that the entire tank isnt infested.
  7. D

We purchased a some new goldies 2 oranda each 1 1/2" and 2 faintails each about 1" last week ... yesterday we noticed that one of the faintails had red sores on its body. I immediately started treating him with jungle treatment for bacteria parasites etc ... well he died over night - I figure...
  8. D

NEW MONSTER : Another Monster Journey : Setting Up Monster 600 Gallon

Are you actually sitting it up in this position - in front of that patio door or did you slide it down to the left? Also whats your foundation? Slab on grade? Thickness?
  9. D

$600 koi surgery to remove cancerous tumor

About 3 maybe 5 minutes from mine - great school, but usually its livestock not fish.... looking at the size I would say the owner has had it for years. Lost a few comets the last couple of months - had them for 2 years and they were both at around 10-11" ... was very sad, but they were $3...
  10. D

Can you hook up a canister filter to more than one tank?

If something gets out of whack in one tank ALL tanks will be affected - something else to think about.
  11. D

Saw my snails doing the dirty today!

We see this all the time & our snail population is OUT OF CONTROL - LOL! Mostly ramshorns with some trumpet, and pond snails ... it started off with maybe a dozen and in just 4 months time I bet we have close to a thousand. The last 3 days I have been putting cucumber into the tank...
  12. D

Sluggish Comets

RIP 'Nemo' ... he passed away last evening - we buried him out in the back yard with full ceremonies. He was 11" mouth to end of fins... very sad, but good knowing he isnt suffering any longer.
  13. D

Sluggish Comets

Sorry to hear about your losses ... We have a sick comet right now as well - no external signs of sickness other than he just hangs out at the bottom of the tank and hasnt been eating. Really sad because we've had him since he was just 2" - hes now 10-11" ... I figure its also bacterial -...
  14. D

OT: Cub Scouts Popcorn

Thanks to everyone who has purchased popcorn ... :thm: you're sure to enjoy it and best of all it goes toward a great cause. We do have a few more weeks to go, so anyone who wants to help support Scouts please consider purchasing some popcorn. Its really good stuff! Thanks!
  15. D

150 Gallon Build Thread ... From the Start

Yes - I cant wait .... LOL. Maybe this should be in the DIY forum instead of photo gallery? To pass the time I just did a rescape of my 75g today ...
  16. D

Wheres all the photos?
  17. D

My boy is a wolf now - we went to camp together back in July and it was lots of fun - most importantly just spending time together. Thus far (age 7) he wants to do everything LOL - he plays soccer, baseball, football, basketball, in addition to bowling and scouts - that doesnt include what his...
  18. D

Anyone have a craving for some really good popcorn? My sons Cub Scout pack is selling popcorn for their annual funding drive to support their district and pack directly. If you would like to check it out please visit Order Popcorn and insert his order key so that he gets credit > TEPHP82...
  19. D

Not an expert, but I have a 150 tall - its not planted - I would rather have a longer shallower tank much easier to reach down into to prune and scape as needed etc. Not only that it will give you more surface area. 2-3 wpg ... or 8x54w lamps ... 10000k and 6500k or 9325 if you like the red...
  20. D

Water Change W/ Emperor 400's

Unless the water change is going to take you several hours they should be fine - just top them off to get the suction working again after the water change. You could also add on some extenders to the intakes so that they go lower in the tank ...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store