Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. vorlx

Returning to hobby! :)

I have been looking into the Photons. They have a 32" and after some reading it looks like since I am going to have a shallow tank I can remove the 90 optics which will give me a 120 degree spread. This might let me go with 2x32".
  2. vorlx

Thanks for the feedback. That seems to be the consensus and what I kind of figured. Is there any other lighting options you would consider good for 6ft tank?
  3. vorlx

Hi All! I am getting back in the hobby after having broke down my 75G when I moved around 4 years ago. Here is what I have so far and what I am waiting to purchase: Deep Sea Aquatics - 155G 72x24x21 - built-in center overflow with 3 drains and 2 returns and a 40G Breeder Sump I went...
  4. vorlx

75g 'finding nemo' themed FOWLR LOG

I just took some updated pictures and put them in a gallery. Feel free to take a look. http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1977
  5. vorlx

Aiptasia

Joe's Juice works really well on them and is reef safe. http://joesjuice.com/
  6. vorlx

Picture of a critter.

For now it seems to be gone. However, the first time I thought so to and then it came back. It's been clear for about a month now. I was about to pull my hair out. It all started when I broke down and bought a RO/DI system. No matter what I did I couldn't get the nasty diatoms from layering...
  7. vorlx

Picture of a critter.

He is the ugly looking thing on the left. He is kind of a blob type creature with little bunny ears. He blends amazingly well on the rock work. The green thing on the right is a shell which I believe has a hermit crab inside.
  8. vorlx

Picture of a critter.

I haven't posted in awhile so I figured I would post a picture of one of my saviors. I had been fighting a couple different outbreaks of dino's. It wasn't fun and my spirits were low. After I had mostly beaten it I then started having a hair algae outbreak. =( After some general research...
  9. vorlx

CORALINE ALGE

I had heard about that, what do you feed them after they are all gone? I would love for those silly stars to be gone. They were a pretty cool novelty at first and the kids liked them. Then they turned from 10's to 100's to 1000's and munch on every bit of coraline they can find.
  10. vorlx

CORALINE ALGE

My coraline grows well but I have thousands of those little star fish. They eat my coraline like crazy. =)
  11. vorlx

NEW TANK!!!!

Nice find. Not bad.
  12. vorlx

Starting a new 46 gallon tank

Ideally I like to keep at least 1lb per gallon and 1.5 if possible. I have 90lbs ish in my 75g. I don't really have much room for any more. I could put more in the front but I like the open swimming area. Here is a picture to show how my rockscape is.
  13. vorlx

Which Angel

I have my eye on a Flame. The ones here locally are priced a bit high for my tastes though. I want something that is a bright colorful fish. I used to have a coral beauty, and while it was a good fish it was just a bit dull.
  14. vorlx

Aptasia, Everywhere Aprasia

Joe's Juice worked for me on smaller scales. Sometimes it took repeat treatments. I bought a single berghia nudibranch (all I could afford). I never see it (except for once a couple months after i added it, it was huge) but my aiptasia problem in the main tank all but dissapeared, . I only...
  15. vorlx

What timer do you use?

Thanks for all the replies. I guess I was just over complicating things. I will take a look at see what lowes/home depot has.
  16. vorlx

What timer do you use?

I have Coralife aqualight dual timer and I have to say it is horrible. I have gone though 2 of them and they are crap. The timers get stuck on and it's truly amazing what I have had to do to get them to work 50% of the time. Anway, I just want to know what everyone would recommend? I like the...
  17. vorlx

Power outage problem

I drilled small holes on my return line so that when you shut off the power only a certain amount of water flows back into the sump(the holes break the siphon). I never fill my sump over the line. Works like a champ. I have to also agree with the check valves. They can get stuck open due to...
  18. vorlx

Please help me with my plumbing issues.

Did you take any pictures of the first plumbing job? It's not an overly complex process and as long as you glue/clamps on all your right spots you should be fine. I understand the concern as it's a LOT of water but as long as you double check your work you should be ok.
  19. vorlx

Tank Manufacturers

The only ones I have used are Oceanic and All Glass. I have heard they are owned by the same parent company and that Oceanic just uses a bit thicker glass. Anyway, I like Oceanic and have had good results. I think All Glass is fine as well but for a larger tank I would feel better with...
  20. vorlx

did anyone buy anything from Saltwaterfish.com?

I haven't purchased anything from them but had heard from others that were pleased with the services. As mentioned above the "free" shipping isn't exactly free as they charge other surcharges. I still think that you can still come out ahead.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store