Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. sky.eyes.woman

Disrespect of a fallen hero

I wonder if it has ever entered Fred Phelps' tiny little twisted, cracked mind that he might go too far one day and get himself killed by an angry family member at a funeral protest or just walking down the street one day. I can't say he wouldn't deserve it.
  2. sky.eyes.woman

help with 50G

Ahhh, the hardest question of all...what to put in the tank? Whatever you decide on, if you stock the tank slowly (you should anway for reasons easily found here) you'll have the time to think and rethink about it. That can be a good thing should you see something you really like in a store you...
  3. sky.eyes.woman

Otos

I didn't vote because you have no 'They're OK, I guess' option. When people at work ask me about getting an algae eater, a lot of them are surprised to hear otos and plecos add to their fish load! I always tell them a sponge on a stick doesn't!
  4. sky.eyes.woman

How You Know a LFS is Full of Crap

[Mr. Mackey voice]Uhhhhh...ammonia's bad, ummmmkay?[/Mr. Mackey voice] It's not just ammonia in the window cleaner, dood. I will use it to clean the outside of the glass, but I spray the paper towel lightly a few steps away from the tank before I start wiping.
  5. sky.eyes.woman

The end of the high speed chase...

Thank you Joe, I was wondering how he was doing but could not remember his name. I saw his wife on the Today show right before I left for work yesterday morning and was just too asleep to remember much. I'm glad he's doing ok.
  6. sky.eyes.woman

Ok, I'll keep an eye on this thread...I'm really wondering if he's all right. I gtg for now, water changes!!! LOL Sorry if this is :OT: !
  7. sky.eyes.woman

He died?! I just heard about it this morning and he was still alive when I left for work...I don't remember his name and I can't find anything about it...someone got a link?
  8. sky.eyes.woman

Do you prefer Pure breeds, or Mixed? Dogs and cats

At her biggest Pearl was 14lbs. Once she grew out of the kittenish 'gotta-climb-everything' stage she was a real joy to have around. My favorite of her 'quirks' was her willingness to tilt her head down for me to kiss whenever I said, 'Pearlie, gimme a kiss!' I still miss her terribly. :sad...
  9. sky.eyes.woman

help out a fish head

Ok, I voted for you. If you win I could really use a canister filter. :rolleyes:
  10. sky.eyes.woman

Do you prefer Pure breeds, or Mixed? Dogs and cats

Every cat I've ever had was a mixed breed. Every one came from a rescue or directly off the street. I won't get a cat or dog from any other source...there are just too many pets that need homes. The best cat I ever had was a mixed breed I called a 'Siamix'. Her name was Pearl and I got her from...
  11. sky.eyes.woman

what do you clean with?

I use a homemade 'Python' for the 55 and the good old siphon and bucket for the 10 gallon. All you guys talking about buying a Python, look into making your own. It's easy and cheap. You'll need a waterbed fill kit for the sink attachment, (if you look at it and then compare it to the Python you...
  12. sky.eyes.woman

Fun sites

Many of you might think this is kind of weird or dumb, but I enjoy Poke the Bunny. :laugh:
  13. sky.eyes.woman

"Ideal Environment for Goldfish" Thanks PetSmart...

Oh man, it just burns me up no end that they sell these and 'goldfish' bowls in my store...I don't even have to click the link to know which kit you're talking about, Joe. Orange or purple? Grrrrr!!! I hate to say this, but I have gotten an attitude about this, the people that buy these...
  14. sky.eyes.woman

Dream pet(s)?

Well, since I can never afford or mix these creatures (this is a dream, right?) I'd like an umbrella cockatoo, a sun conure, a uromastyx, an arowana, an African Grey, a cuttlefish, an Akhal-Teke...and a pit bull puppy.
  15. sky.eyes.woman

LFS Hilarity

Jeez, you guys need to do your research on this 'string theory'. See, the purple string (and any other color, really) has been cruelly injected with dye...seems like purple is the most popular color now but blue and pink is really taking off around here. The glowing string has been...
  16. sky.eyes.woman

Please Help! High nitrite and nitrate levels but no ammonia in my water

Another 50% water change now will help knock those nitrites and nitrates down. What filter are you using? Some Prime will help too.
  17. sky.eyes.woman

Can i use this in FW?

Base rocks? Were these rocks taken from the ocean somewhere? The Carib Sea sand will make the water hard and alkaline, which might be ok for some fish like African cichlids or mollies, but the rocks seem a bit dicey. If they are from the sea there might be things in or on them that you might...
  18. sky.eyes.woman

Neighbors!

Jeez, and I thought my neighbors were bad! I still don't like how they let their kids (of all ages) run around in packs and destroy things, and how some of them think it's ok to blast their music so loud we can hear it inside with all the windows and doors closed. At 2 am. I guess in a big...
  19. sky.eyes.woman

Floorplan for my 75 gallon tank

Hola from SC! :hi: Why not get a big decoration that actually IS a bridge? Just my 2¢... Won't it be kind of a pain to keep the 'river' looking neat what with gravel vacuuming and all?
  20. sky.eyes.woman

I'm getting a KITTEN!

Awww...your little baby is so cuuuuute! :D I love kittens, I'd like to be covered in a pile of live squirming kittens. Is that weird? Is he orange and white?
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store