The end of the high speed chase...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

msouth468

Fighting for the little guy
Nov 29, 2005
Iowa
couchpotatodx.proboards66.com
That is a good Idea.

Aren't they trying to develop some sort of weapon used to disable a cars electronics?

patoloco

De seguro no sabes lo que dice aqu
Oct 20, 2005
Costa Rica
wetpatoloco.tripod.com
msouth468 said:
That is a good Idea.

Aren't they trying to develop some sort of weapon used to disable a cars electronics?
I remember th EMP from Matrix. That would be fun. 1000's of cars stopping in the middle of the road. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Well, I think it's a great idea. In fact, Costa Rican legislation prohibits cops from pursuing cars at hiugh speeds, for the results are almost always worse than the offense commited.

sumthin fishy

I eat spam
Aug 22, 2005
central california
Real Name
mike
I have heard of that msouth. Something where it will fry the electronics. Thats why we need to get some nice old cars do do our dirty work in. Less electrical to go out ;)

Seriously, with all the crooked cops out there(and no offense to those who do thier job with pride), I can understand why people run. Did you see the Iraqi war vet who was killed by a police officer for no apparent reason? If he had run he would probably still be alive today. Just a thought.

tomdkat

Da Man
Nov 29, 2005
msouth468 said:
That is a good Idea.

Do you mean like in the movie 2 Fast, 2 Furious? They had device they shot into the side of a car that would short out the electrical system.

Peace...

msouth468

Fighting for the little guy
Nov 29, 2005
Iowa
couchpotatodx.proboards66.com
tomdkat said:
Do you mean like in the movie 2 Fast, 2 Furious? They had device they shot into the side of a car that would short out the electrical system.

Peace...
Well, I don't thinkn it was quit like that.

The one I remember seeing was a little car that was about 1' squared. It launced from the police car at about 150mph. It went under the fleeing car and had a metal probe that touched the undercarrage of the car. When this happened a large shock was sent through the car that scrambled the electronics.

Another device was like spike strips. Only instead of spikes metal wires came up and shocked the car when it drove over.

viboy

Born Sarcastic
Mar 15, 2002
BC, Canada
They should make one that shocks the occupants of the fleeing car. Nothing like being "tazered" by your own car.

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
sumthin fishy said:
... ... Did you see the Iraqi war vet who was killed by a police officer for no apparent reason? ....
Yes I did, and I'm surprised it's not a topic here.

That cop needs extremely serious punishment and should never be allowed to touch any sort of weapon ever. I wonder if the "news media" will follow this tragedy, or just forget it?

This new tracking "system" most likely would have saved that guys life. You see, that trigger-happy bad cop would have had too many witnesses to shoot. The whole scenario would have ended differently.

_________

jennypenny

AC Members
Oct 30, 2005
Athens, Ohio
It seems kinda cool, but I have to wonder just how well it actually sticks to a car or how difficult it is to get it attached in that first place. Of course that seems like a fixable problem.

sky.eyes.woman

I'd rather be in Hockeytown!
Dec 6, 2004
Greenville, SC
Did you see the Iraqi war vet who was killed by a police officer for no apparent reason?
He died?! I just heard about it this morning and he was still alive when I left for work...I don't remember his name and I can't find anything about it...someone got a link?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store