Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. caseyface

Betta in a 10 gallon tank?

thanks guys :) once it's set up i'll definately post pictures.
  2. caseyface

Betta in a 10 gallon tank?

So I have an empty 10 gallon sitting around my house and a betta in a very small bowl. I want to move him to the 10 gallon, but I don't know what type of filter he needs. Right now I have a Whisper 10 Gallon In Tank Filter, but would it produce a current that's too strong?
  3. caseyface

Things LFS employees told you that you knew weren't true

She was saying that they only breed for males, and they don't get females in anymore.
  4. caseyface

Things customers told you that you knew weren't true

My personal favorites... I have a bowl and I want to put 5 goldfish in them. Why can't I put goldfish in a bowl when it has a picture of a goldfish on the front? My two male bettas get along great. I'll put these oscars in my bigger tank when they get bigger (yeah right) I'll just dump them in...
  5. caseyface

Syphoning help

I have a little syphon hose. It's not automatic like a python. Actually, I bought a python but it is compatible with my sink :( What is the easiest way to hand start a syphon? Right now I'm just vigerously shaking the hose in the water until a very weak vaccum starts. It's really hard and time...
  6. caseyface

Goldfish and Live Plants

Can plants carry ich? My moor is the only one in my tank, and I noticed he has ich :( I do 50% water changes 3 times a week. He didnt' show any signs of ich before I got him about a month or so ago.... :( How do I get rid of it? I don't want to add any chemicals to my tank.
  7. caseyface

Goldfish and Live Plants

Is there any type of plants that are more tasty than an anachris that my moor would eat?
  8. caseyface

Goldfish and Live Plants

Hi guys :) I bought an anachris plant for my moor, thinking he would chow down on it. He hasn't touched it at all! Actually, he checked it out and mouthed at it a bit, but that was it. I've had it for about 3 or 4 days. How do I keep the plant alive, since my moor isn't eating it? Also, could...
  9. caseyface

Meet Jet and Duke

Cute goldies! I love the detail in the pictures of the moor. :)
  10. caseyface

Black moor eye problem

Thank you for the tips. My Moor was in a tank with a bunch of other goldies, and the previous owner rarely did water changes, so I'm sure that's the cause of his "stink eye" (as I refer to it, lol). Since he's in a 10 gallon tank (for now) I'm doing 50% water changes 3 days a week. Is that too...
  11. caseyface

New Goldies! :D

I can't see anything?
  12. caseyface

Goldfish Food

Omega One is a decent staple food, but I would supplement with fresh foods including frozen foods as well. Unfortunately the ingredients in most commercial pet foods are full of poor protein sources and harmful preservatives. It's best to feed either frozen, live, and fresh foods.
  13. caseyface

Black moor eye problem

I noticed my moor has the same thing! I belive it's his right eye that looks a lot larger than the other. He seems pretty healthy and there isn't any sign of infection..
  14. caseyface

Has anyone trimmed a orandas cap?

Will all Orandas wen grow over their eyes? And how do you not spread infection in your tank after the fish went thru the procedure? Maybe a sick tank? Hmm.
  15. caseyface

Goldfish Newb

Thanks for the tips :) I actually have a 55gal tank that's just sitting around my house. It was going to be home to a few geckos, but the goldfish came first , lol. I've read that it's best to buy a filter thats the next size up of what you need.. for example for my 55gal tank I should get a...
  16. caseyface

Goldfish Newb

Hi everyone! I recently inherited a black moor goldfish. He's about 2 inches (tail included), very active :p: Right now he is in a 10 gallon tank by himself. I have a small Whisper InTank filter running right now, and I just got an airstone because I noticed him hanging out near the surface...
  17. caseyface

Stocking a 55gal tank.

Hi everyone! I recently aquired a 55gal tank for $100 bucks at my work! Which is a steal, considering it ran for $400.. but anyhoo... I wanted everyones' opinions on what kind of fish I should put in it. I would love to have some smaller african cichlids. Any suggestions? I also forgot to...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store