Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. missmeliss

I killed my Betta. :(

I would honestly start by boiling water before you do anything with it, then maybe even run it through a Brita filter? Can never be too safe hahaha
  2. missmeliss

I just noticed you just signed up today, you may not have enough posts to unlock it. Good luck with your tank and we're always here to help!
  3. missmeliss

Weird - it should have taken you into a chat room box - MGamer and myself are in there.
  4. missmeliss

You should be able to order all of them from PetSmart.com or Amazon. It may not hurt to take everything down and clean it in white vinegar, then soak it in clean water and rinse well. That will get rid of anything stuck to it, while not being harmful to fish if you don't get it all off.
  5. missmeliss

Can you hop into the chat? Easier to converse there lol. It's SHOUTBOX up at the top of the page.
  6. missmeliss

Also, I prefer Stress Coat to Prime, just because it dechlorinates, removes heavy metals and helps with the fish's slime coat, if you're dealing with well water, that may help and you may want to think about filtering it too in a Brita or something.
  7. missmeliss

Those numbers are a bit high, the pH especially. I would get a pH buffer, and do a water change. I would look at your Petco/PetSmart and see if they have the API Quick Start - its a bottle of beneficial bacteria that "instantly start your tank". I usually get it and do a dose about 3-5 days...
  8. missmeliss

Fry ID

My vote is peppered or false Julii cories
  9. missmeliss

The API Freshwater Master Kit is awesome - they make decent strip tests too, but I like the Master Kit best.
  10. missmeliss

Sorry about your loss, but we have all been there! Can you run the water test again and post your levels on here? We can't really help you out without knowing what is going on chemically.
  11. missmeliss

Sudden Goldfish Death

*drops Peas in tank* Thank you!
  12. missmeliss

Sudden Goldfish Death

So I had 4 Waken Goldfish in a 45 Gallon tank - They are all 4-5" in size and will be transferred to a pond when they outgrow the tank. I went away for a night and came home this morning to find one of them floating upside down with a black distended abdomen and it's mouth apparently "stuck"...
  13. missmeliss

Welcome to the site! Mostly everybody here is nice haha ask away!
  14. missmeliss

I hear crickets

I came back and it's all quiet and stuff...
  15. missmeliss

Help! Fish ID

+1 Albino Black Skirt Tetra
  16. missmeliss

Show us YOUR goldfish! (A photo thread)

Yeah I'm not planning on them outgrowing it for a while lol. People on this site like to yell at you for overstocking and not thinking ahead, so while it may be years out, they need to know I have plans haha.
  17. missmeliss

Flicking, scratching against rocks

I'm sure that is a possibility. If the medication you're using isn't working, I would try some other anti-bacterial medication. If those don't work, it's probably a parasite. Good luck!
  18. missmeliss

Show us YOUR goldfish! (A photo thread)

It's a floor level 45 gallon. I have 2 family members with huge ponds for when they out grow the tank haha. My Leopard Gecko is in a 40 Gal Breeder above it, almost the same footprint length wise, so the stand works haha.
  19. missmeliss

Searching for excuzzzzeme!

I hope he's doing well!
  20. missmeliss

Searching for excuzzzzeme!

Wondering if anybody has heard from excuzzzzeme (Jeff)?? I haven't been on here in a while and lost contact with him.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store