I killed my Betta. :(

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

missmeliss

Addicted to Aquariums
Aug 18, 2008
Exit 34B
Real Name
Melissa
Also, I prefer Stress Coat to Prime, just because it dechlorinates, removes heavy metals and helps with the fish's slime coat, if you're dealing with well water, that may help and you may want to think about filtering it too in a Brita or something.

MelissaT

Registered Member
Sep 18, 2015
Would you do a 100% water change, clean substrate, tank etc? Should I test the water right out of the tap?
I have Prime is that the same thing? I am happy to get quick start. What is prime for?

missmeliss

Addicted to Aquariums
Aug 18, 2008
Exit 34B
Real Name
Melissa
Can you hop into the chat? Easier to converse there lol. It's SHOUTBOX up at the top of the page.

MelissaT

Registered Member
Sep 18, 2015
Ikay, I will buy stress coat and get a Brita filter. I will also get quick start. I usually buy most fish supplies online. I live an hour away from stores. Is there agood place online that I can order these things from?

missmeliss

Addicted to Aquariums
Aug 18, 2008
Exit 34B
Real Name
Melissa
You should be able to order all of them from PetSmart.com or Amazon. It may not hurt to take everything down and clean it in white vinegar, then soak it in clean water and rinse well. That will get rid of anything stuck to it, while not being harmful to fish if you don't get it all off.

Reactions: MelissaT

missmeliss

Addicted to Aquariums
Aug 18, 2008
Exit 34B
Real Name
Melissa
Weird - it should have taken you into a chat room box - MGamer and myself are in there.

MelissaT

Registered Member
Sep 18, 2015
I tried several times, it still says no conversations. I am on my mobile if that makes a difference. Camped in front of my aquarium, looking dejected. :(

MelissaT

Registered Member
Sep 18, 2015
I tried again. Even clicked on show all conversations. I will buy everything you told me to and will repost in a week or so. Tomorrow I will try to figure out why the shoutbox isn't. Working. Thank you so much for helping me. I appreciate it so much!

missmeliss

Addicted to Aquariums
Aug 18, 2008
Exit 34B
Real Name
Melissa
I just noticed you just signed up today, you may not have enough posts to unlock it. Good luck with your tank and we're always here to help!

Reactions: MelissaT
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store