Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. sapphire384

How to get your neons to school....

the fish need motivation. print this out and put it beside the tank. it will motivate them.
  2. sapphire384

Stocking suggestions welcome!

That's pretty cool man. Well, I'll post an update on what will happen soon since I plan on trading int he fish very soon.
  3. sapphire384

That's really cool. I have heard about those fish. Really cool personalities! I will def. have to see if the pet store has them in stock. Thanks for the tip!
  4. sapphire384

Thanks for the tips blue! The Jweels are actually really nice fish, although very shy, but quite stunning with their bright red colors. OK, I guess that the fish store will offer some sort of value for the Jewels. Now, let's see what I can trade in and receive in return. What about...
  5. sapphire384

Well, I sorta want some angry fish in the tank. You know, pissed off fish that will attack the glass when they see me, that sort of thying. Kidding... Well, I suppose maybe a community of dwarf Cichlids would be cool too. Maybe you mean thsoe German Blue Rams?
  6. sapphire384

Ok, so I should trade these critters in. I would like more fish in the tank than just two little red fish. I don't care about the whole breeding part myself. Although, it is kinda strange and cool at the same time to see the two fish play with each other, rubbing against each other and such...
  7. sapphire384

angel: Yea man, that would be cool with some Kribensis fish! smitty, fish boss, livebearerefreak, and angel: Well, i was going to try to get a used filter of some sort off ebay. One with a motor that can be removed for easy replacement in case it fails. I'm looking at Whisper 60, Aquaclear...
  8. sapphire384

Best Canister Filter?

Lots of good suggestions here. I am in the same boat as the original poster, so it's good to hear so many opinions. Seems like Eheim has ahigh marks, as do the Renas and the Marineland filters. I like the build quality of the Jager heater I own, so perhaps an Eheim filter is a good move.
  9. sapphire384

Well, if this is the case, perhaps I should consider trading them in. I did have a Convict Cichlid in the previous tank, but he was actually too aggressive with the Jewels, so I traded him back to the pet store. That was a while ago though. WHat about a school of like Tiger Barbs or...
  10. sapphire384

Salutations! I upgraded to a 29 gallon tank from Craigslist. I still have my pair of mated red jewel cichlids but they are alone in the tank. Owning the fish for some time now (almost 3 years), it seems fairly sure they are as big as they are going to get, but who knows for sure. The...
  11. sapphire384

IMAGINE GOLD, LLC---Home Page

they mention the air whist air pumps there. i have the 200 model and it is great.
  12. sapphire384

Any experience with Aqueon filters?

when i bought my 14 gallon kit, it came with an aquaeon 10 as the filter. it was very noisy and loud, no matter what i tried to do to silence it. now, i have na aquaclear 50 and it is running quiet.
  13. sapphire384

are fluidiszed beds really that good?

lol. well, a fluidized bed filter is very good. big als sells them, i think under the filter heading where its listed under fluidized bed filters...dr fosters and pet solutions sell them too. it is a commercial system that has been modified to become part of the aquarium hobby. water...
  14. sapphire384

aww poor 7 inch greenterrer :( WARNING - GRAPHIC IMAGES/VIDEOS OF ANIMAL CRUELTY

those fish were really hungry. poor green terror...
  15. sapphire384

150 Gallon Build Thread ... From the Start

thats one well -done fish tank!!! looks superb!
  16. sapphire384

Whats going on with my eheim 2215??

i really am not familiar with the eheims. a bump for you though, as there are alot of people on this forum that have them who could help you.
  17. sapphire384

Comparing different submersible heaters

i use a jager in my tank. i bought it because the one the tank came with, an aqueon, rattled whenever i handled it. so i bought the jaeger for the simple reason it ws made in germany. works great, never needs to be adjusted and is made real solidly. it has been running for roughly 9 months...
  18. sapphire384

Petco air pump?

that looks like the dolphin air pumps too me. i just saw them at marinedepot.com
  19. sapphire384

explain to inka how wrong he is....

a handsome fish.
  20. sapphire384

Need a powerhead for a smaller tank

240 gph in a 15 gallon tank.... just get a pump around 120 gph...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store