Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. J

4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

:iagree:Is there a fire hydrant anywhere close? :rofl:
  2. J

Compatibility with Discus

Good point as mentioned. I just wasn't too sure because my tank is down in the basement. There is a window that does provide minimal natural lighting as well as the 8 lunar lights built into my light fixture and wasn't sure that would be enough for feeding in the early morning.
  3. J

So here's my next question. If I am going to have to feed my discus 3-5 times a day, what kind of light schedules does everyone have?
  4. J

:lol: Totally agree! Thanks Ark, its always good reading what other people have gone through with their tanks and fish. I find most of the time I'm just reading through posts online seeing what other people have done or the unfortunate things that happen. It never happens the same each time...
  5. J

I'll see how it goes. The price/fish and lack of experience makes me hesitant to even start with a group of 6 to 8 but i keep reading its a great group to start with. I may add more later once I conquer the early stages and get a maintenance and feeding schedule in place.
  6. J

Thanks all for the food input from everyone, I guess everyone has there own special ways of doing things. It is good to know that variety is key but beyond that it can vary greatly. Its greatly appreciated all the information you all have been sending me.
  7. J

Thanks for that. I'll ask around. I'm sure by the time all my questions get answered any breeder/dealer will hate me. I've been on a few sites already that have pictures comparing what you should be looking for and what is bad/unhealthy. I think that as I go looking around it will become more...
  8. J

The breeder I have been in contact with is selling some juvies for $25/each and I know of a couple other possibilities within the <$50/each. These may not be the best quality strains or anything but i'm not looking for show quality at this point. Still trying to search down the best source to...
  9. J

Thats how I planned on treating it. Other inhabitants come 2nd and can be moved to my other tanks or sold in the extreme case. I figure if I was going to shell out a $150+ for a group of 6 or 8 discus they would the deciding factor in comparison to my $0.99 tetras. I had planned on doing this...
  10. J

I actually have been on simplydiscus most of the day(while I was suppose to be paying attention in class) and reading as much I could. Its been very helpful for information. How would the TDS affect discus?
  11. J

Thanks for the information. Like I said I have no problem doing the clean-up each day for the optimum conditions for them and feeding multiple times per day won't be an issue either. I just want to make sure that the fish aren't going to die on me in the first 3 days that I get them home.
  12. J

Well I wouldn't call myself an expert at planted tanks thats forsure but I think I have a pretty good idea what I'm doing. I'm thinking that I'd probably cut back on my fert dosing and co2 until they all got settled in or would you recommend just keeping the same just so that there aren't as...
  13. J

Yes the apples were my major concern as from what I've read they should be kept at maxish of 25C/77F. They already eat like pigs and grow like crazy. I have no problem spending the time for the maintenance on them at all and I'm trying to learn as much as I can before I jump into this too. They...
  14. J

I have a 180 gallon heavily planted high tech. set-up that has been running since last november and am really interested in adding a group of discus to the tank to be the main display group. I have been trying to read as much as possible to make sure I get this right. Current inhabitants are...
  15. J

Aspidoras are funny little fish-spawning pictures

Very cool to catch them in the act.
  16. J

Updated pics of my tanks

Awesome looking tanks!
  17. J

Been wanting one for a while 2/25/10

Great looking ram. Always been a favorite of mine.
  18. J

55g betta palace

Great set-up.
  19. J

Something a little different!

Great shots.
  20. J

I got a box yesterday..

Looking great as always. Should be great to get some shrimp pictures from you now too.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store