Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. R

Which Eheim for a 55 gal?

FWIW, I have a 2217 for my 55.
  2. R

What kind of Angelfish do I have?

Nice looking and around here I have seen them referred to as 'smokies'. As for torn fins I have used mel-a-fix in the past. Good luck.
  3. R

Angelfish and Serpae tetra's - a good idea?

Tank is a beaut and congrats on the mix of species. As others have said sometimes it works and then it doesn't for others. Good luck.
  4. R

Coming back after 3 year hiatus

IMO you have a found a really good resource center right here. There are quite a few excellent hobbyists and professionals who frequent these pages, I am not one of them however. As you browse through this site you will find a good number of stickies that offer a large amount of info. If you...
  5. R

Fluval hose adapting

Well, I hope the trip back was successful and you found the proper size replacement. Good luck.
  6. R

Fluval hose adapting

Possible to change out the hoses on the fluval? Never done it myself but I would think you can change to another hose type.
  7. R

I need a quieter filter!

Agree with the others. A canister will be quieter and provide better filtration for your 55. FWIW I run fluvals and they are, like the others, pretty noise free. Good luck with your decision.
  8. R

What's he building in there?/turning my living my room into a tropical fish paradise

To steal a line from a beer ad. 'HERE WE GO'. Good luck.
  9. R

quick fishroom update-more pics added page 3

:thud: and :wall: No fair be able to have a basement fish room and it be that awesome.
  10. R

Electricity Bill..............?

Don't know about your area, but in areas of Texas there have been quite a few complaints in regards to the 'smart' meters. Seems like most folks bills increase with the installation of the new meters. Don't know what you can do about that in your area but some folks down here have been having...
  11. R

My outdoor pond

Reminds me of the days raising angel babies in pulled refrigerator liners. Nicely done.
  12. R

diy co2 question

You could do that, I would probably pull some water from your container and then dissolve some additional sugar to add into the mix. Used to do this to some degree to prolong the generation time in the 2 liter bottles I would use. kept them going a little longer and helped lower the alcohol...
  13. R

Multi tank stand

Congrats on the project, nice to see pics of the work you did. Good luck and very well done.
  14. R

Eco Complete or Flourite

I use Eco and have never used flourite so I can't give you a comparison. Eco does not cause my corys barbels to erode, as opposed to the natural gravel that I used for years. I am sure you will hear from fans and users of both substrates. I know this question has appeared before so prepare to be...
  15. R

What is wrong with me ?!?!?!?!

Everything is good here, all are healthy and have some fry hiding in the tank with your guys. Wasn't planning on that, but nature takes over sometimes. Hope you enjoy the changes in your hobby and it was good hearing from you. Good luck..
  16. R

What is wrong with me ?!?!?!?!

Andy, some would say that life's journey is a circle. Appears you have made the circuit and are where many folks begin their adventure in this hobby. Good luck as always.
  17. R

I've gone from this . . . . . to this!

Andy congrats on the change, I appreciate your care when I ordered from you and hope we can do some more business in the future. Hopefully the new look will be rewarding for you and that you get revitalized in this new direction. Thanks again and good luck.
  18. R

I hate it when life gets in the way of fish...

It is nice when our hobby forgives us when we sometimes get busy with life. Good luck with yours.
  19. R

Help with preparing a second-hand Eheim

Thanks for that link, going to have to get a German for dummies as the manual for my #17 ix nacht anglaise?
  20. R

72 Bowfront Planted Aquarium Journal

You situation should make some of us, me included, to be grateful we don't have to go to the extremes to perform water changes that you are facing. Tank looks good, the solid background will really make difference once the plants are in.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store