I've gone from this . . . . . to this!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Sharp!

ponderingky

AC Members
Sep 24, 2009
Ashland, KY
Hey all - thanks. I have so much more time now and am actually getting some sleep. With the hatchery I averaged probably 4 to 5 hours of sleep and now I'm getting 7+ - big difference and I feel rested and much more clear headed. I will still have babies to sell occasionally but I will pick and choose what I want to raise. I am still hatching baby brine shrmip everyday - the CPDs and pygmy sunfish like/need live foods and the tanganyika's love chasing them down. I can't wait for the shrimp to start multiplying in the 75 - I have seen a couple of berried yellows and a berried green last night and one of the malawa was berried when I transferred her to the tank.

Fishorama - I know how you feel!! Any type of livestock is a 24/7, 365 day a year commitment and you have to have a passion for it. When I realized my passion for the hatchery was fading I knew I had to make a decision for the fish's sake - it wasn't fair to them to go at it half-hearted. But they all found new homes and are doing great. One fish I didn't keep was angelfish! After raising thousands of them over the last 5 years I didn't want any at all. Maybe on down the road - one of the fellas who bought a lot of my equipment told me that someone has altums about 2 hours from where I live - that is tempting. Gonna focus on finishing out the tanganyika community tank first - I still have room for a few more groups.

Loving fish again - so nice!

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
That looks amazing. From a working fishroom to a relaxing, harmonious den...I bet you spend lots of time down there, but instead of working for most of it, maybe just sipping an icy beverage and listening to some tunes? :)

ponderingky

AC Members
Sep 24, 2009
Ashland, KY
That looks amazing. From a working fishroom to a relaxing, harmonious den...I bet you spend lots of time down there, but instead of working for most of it, maybe just sipping an icy beverage and listening to some tunes? :)
:thumbsup::thumbsup: Just need to find me a really comfy chair!

roscoe70

AC Members
Apr 5, 2009
East Texas
Andy congrats on the change, I appreciate your care when I ordered from you and hope we can do some more business in the future. Hopefully the new look will be rewarding for you and that you get revitalized in this new direction. Thanks again and good luck.

ponderingky

AC Members
Sep 24, 2009
Ashland, KY
Thanks - hey roscoe how are the CPD's doing? I brought in about 50 more from outside and plan on keeping about half of them, I think the other half are going to a previous customer in OK - heading west again!

plantedtank12

Sign the Petition!!
May 6, 2011
York SC
Real Name
Nathan
that looks great. Wish my mom would let me have a fish room. You have to follow the laws of the house when your only 14. :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store