ACA Member

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

schiejr

AC Members
Mar 18, 2004
Madison, WI
Visit site
I was a member a while ago. Went to the conventions in Chicago-broken air conditioning in outside auction tent if anyone else remembers that sauna- and in St. Louis.

I became more involved in the local clubs in Milwaukee-MAS and Chicago-GCCA. Only so much time and began to work more with ponds and live plants-always have some cichlids around though.

lesley

AC Members
Dec 18, 2002
Sacramento/Davis, California
Visit site
I'm not a member myself, but my Master's advisor is, which allowed me to apply for the Jordan Endowment Fund Award. I think it's great that the Association provides research funding for needy grad students. The fund does double duty as it helps to defray costs of research as well as advancing the hobby.

Congrats on your new appointment Mojo. Maybe the grant opportunities could be publicized as a reason for joining?

dwild

AC Members
Apr 27, 2004
Wolcott, NY
Visit site
No I'm Not A Member But..

Hello,
No I'm not a member of ACA. Though I'd like to become a member of a fish Society. I don't really know where to start. I live in Wolcott, NY about 8 miles south of Lake Ontario between Rochester, NY and Syracuse, NY. I'm currently keeping Jewel Cichlids. I have past experience keeping African & South American Cichlids. 6 years ago I had 2 lines of custom built Aquarium Stands 28 stand total that I built and marketed to a LFS. I'm making a return to the hobby and maybe back to business as well. If anyone out here can stir me in the right direction as to which fish society that would be right for my area and my fish of interest I'd be greatful. With motorcycles you have to join an associations before you can join a chapter, not sure if this applies to fish associations or not. Please forgive my spelling.

Botiadancer

AC Members
Feb 24, 2003
Monrovia, CA
Visit site
I've been a member for 5 or 6 years on and off. I enjoy reading the Buntbarsche Bulletin, perusing the Trading Post, as well as supporting a good organization that does positive fishy things.

cichlidbreeding

cichlidbreeding.com
Lifetime ACA Member

Howdy,,

I have been an ACA member for a few year. Purchased a lifetime membership a few years back.. Great organization.

I attend the yearly ACA show when it is "nearby"..
I am known as the caveman because I have sold my Caves in St.Louis, Detroit, Cleveland, Cincy ACA shows.. Always a great time....

Don

MoJo

AC Members
Sep 2, 1998
Dallas, PA
www.aquamojo.com
Your caves rock, pal. I bought several. If I can help anyone with more specific info, please feel free to ask...either here or PM.

hardhead07

Registered Member
Jun 16, 2005
I am a New Orleans native. I have never heard of the organization before, but all information I can receive about my new hobby is considered helpful! you can send information to my E-mail.

Cichlidfever

Registered Member
Aug 25, 2005
Bowie, Md.
ACA memeber

I want to join and have been wanting to join for quite sometime. I just can't afford to. School loans and kids...

Reiner

AC Members
Dec 2, 2002
Los Angeles
Visit site
Cichlidfever said:
I want to join and have been wanting to join for quite sometime. I just can't afford to. School loans and kids...
You should do it like I did last year. When family members asked me what I want for my birthday I knew the perfect $25 gift for them. I'll do this year the same for sure.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store