Cherry Barb Eggs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Catfisharebest

AC Members
Aug 13, 2015
Va
Real Name
Cole
Camera Used
Iphone 5c
Eggs! I finally got some cherry barb eggs! Granted I never tried to breed them outside the community tank till now... Anyway, I just wanted to share this with you guys because I am sooo excited!!! I will post pics later of the babies hatching, plus tank specs. Any suggestions are welcome, as I have done research, but that does not compare to experience. Ps- I am sorry if this is the wrong thread, I could not find a breeding one.

Reactions: Sploke

Catfisharebest

AC Members
Aug 13, 2015
Va
Real Name
Cole
Camera Used
Iphone 5c
I am trying to culture infusoria at the moment, it looks like it might not be working. I also have some pulverized flakes, and hopefully the leaf litter and sponge will at least feed them a little.

Catfisharebest

AC Members
Aug 13, 2015
Va
Real Name
Cole
Camera Used
Iphone 5c
A few fry clinging to the glass... Srry for bad pics, water is really stained. Theyre not free swimming yet, but the infusoria isnt working so is there anything i can do? Theres a ton of little creatures in the tank breeding and they look almost like the right size.

image.jpg

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
They don't really eat until they are free swimming so I wouldn't worry about it. If they are still clinging to the glass and other surfaces their yoke sac is still sustaining them. Live food sources is good to have in the tank ready but don't feed anything else until they are free swimming.

Catfisharebest

AC Members
Aug 13, 2015
Va
Real Name
Cole
Camera Used
Iphone 5c
I havent fed yet, i just mean the infusoria culture doesnt look like it is working. They are starting to swim a little, but i wont feed till tomorrow or the next day. What should I feed in place of the infusoria?

Catfisharebest

AC Members
Aug 13, 2015
Va
Real Name
Cole
Camera Used
Iphone 5c
Fry are free swimming! I am using the infusoria even though it doesnt look like it cultured and I tried a little crushed flake.

image.jpg

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Cool, update in about a week. :)

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
In the future, have a mystery snail in with them. The slime trail they produce is a great source of infusoria, and the snail will help clean up uneaten foods.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store