Grins' 55g Reef

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Any chance of a clearer pic of the ricordia??
Without turning off the flow this was the best I could do. As you can see the 10,000K MHs really wash it out to a brown during the day. At night under the red LEDs it positively glows flourescent orange with a green center.

Beautiful as always Grins.. Any chance for some updated pics of your dusters???

Taken right after I fed them this morning:

And since I'm posting a few more. The first I don't know what it is and am hoping someone will recognize it. Pardon the waste around it, the darn tang has a habit of pooping as SOON as food hits the water and this is his favorite corner to go. I thought these were spots on the stems but on taking the photos today I see it is sand, could this be some sort of worm? A colonial anemone or coral? Never noticed it until last night and it is quite small. The bright green on/in some are small pieces of Formula II flake

A zoa frag from a local reefer I gave my FW set-up to. He will throw me a few frags from time to time and this was the first one. This variety is rather popular around here and is named after him "Ox's Pink Palys"

They haven't been in my tank very long but I'm hoping they'll color up to what most from his mother colony look like. This isn't my photo but it shows their typical color when under actinics:

A photo of George because he is my favorite fish:

And a series of Butters the tang.

"Hey what are you doing over in MY corner of the tank?"
<Butters swims rapidly towards me>

<last thing I see is his eye blurring out of focus as he turns ...>

<...to swish his tail at me to make me leave>

Maybe he is tired of this typically licking the glass as he looks at him

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Very Cool.. Whats that last one a dogfish?? ;)

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
:rofl:

You have now joined the dark side :) (j/k) but I'll take the compliment that I'm a bad influence :D .. There is a guy in my reef club that has a beautiful one that I will be getting shortly.. He is changing his tank over to SPS only and once he makes the switch he's going to bring it to a meeting..

Yours really is beautiful though.. The tips almost look lavender..

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
This one is tiny as you can see. Good thing because the store I got it from is has uber high prices. They didn't have a sign out for a small one, only for large ones that they have not had in months and those run $300 there. :thud: So amazingly I got a great deal on this one and the guy that usually helps me there says he knows the tank it came from and apparently it splits fairly often and he has a clone of it as well. I'm hoping the clowns leave it alone for a bit.

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Well you could keep it in your QT for a while until it grows.. The prices of those RBTA's is out of this world. Thats about the only thing I've seen that is cheaper here than where you live.

soccerkidbs

How do you like me now?
Mar 9, 2007
Medford
haha that is awsome that you got a rbta i kinda want one because a regular bta is not cutting it... maybe when my MH comes next week for my 72 gallon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store