55g and 30g planted tanks

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

maxthedog123

Can't have too many Tiger Barbs...
Jun 6, 2007
Cincinnati, OH
This is the first time I've put up pictures of my tanks. First, the new 30g.

1) 3 "big screens" in the living room:

2) 30g just after planting. I'll post more pictures of with fish (and hopefully my glowlight tetra eggs) when I get a chance.

3) My 55g is in my bedroom. Full shot and 1/2 tank closeups.

CIMG0892 small.JPG CIMG0898 small.JPG CIMG0860 small.JPG CIMG0861 small.JPG CIMG0862 small.JPG

Last edited:

maxthedog123

Can't have too many Tiger Barbs...
Jun 6, 2007
Cincinnati, OH
I always loved tiger barbs as a kid, but we all know how it turned out when I tried to put 1 of them in a 10g or 20g. My girlfriend suggested tiger barbs when I got the big tank 8 months ago, so I've been enjoying having a nice school of them.

I refer to the 55g as the "ADD Tank" because of the activity level of the fish I've put in there.

I'm interested in how often others "redecorate" the tank. I've been planting and replanting my 55g for the entire 8 months it's been set up. It's finally looking like I might leave it alone for a while. EXCEPT, I'm not sure I like the long leaved hygros in the back left. I am thinking of either putting some red ludwigia cuttings over there or trying out wisteria. Thoughts?

My girlfriend says all I do is put my arms in the fish tank. Am I alone in my pruning and redecorating obsession?

fishfamily

AC Members
Jan 1, 2008
New London, MN
at least once wk for me. Cant do a wc without doing something in the tank. Funny thing is i got the tank for my 2 boys and i love it. Stress relief to me. Nice tanks by the way

FtwayneFish

Pump Paintball!
Dec 7, 2007
Fort Wayne, IN
great tanks! and your not alone. i as well re-decorate or mostly re-arraange my tanks on sun when i do my 50% WC with my sweet python! gotta love em. Im always swapping plant cuttings and soforth.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store