TFH or Aquarium Fish Magazine?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Which magazine -

• Tropica Fish Hobbyist

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Aquarium Fish Magazine

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters

Frameshift

Cookie Monster
Oct 22, 2001
Honolulu, HI
Which one do you prefef and why? (I.E. better articles, more freshwater or marine, etc.) I'm going to be subscribing to one or the other here shortly.

I'm mostly into cichlids, DIY, ponds, and a little marine and general tropical on the side. TFH is $28.00 for a year, AF is $19.97 a year (12 issues each).

I've read both several times, and read the threads on here as well, but let's here your opinions.

valerie

AC Members
Apr 18, 2001
Edmonton, AB
I like TFH, I found aquarium fish magazine to be geared more toward beginers.TFH and AFM have question and answer sections but i have found TFH to be more helpful as they aren't jsut the typical cycle or id questions.

But if you have read both which do you prefer?

B

BigFishDude

I actually like both for different reasons. I like the kids column in AFM. It's refreshing to see children that are actually interested in the technical part of the hobby not just keeping pretty fish. You know what I mean? And I like TFDH for its diverese amount of articles. You kind of never know what your gonna get (ya know like a box of chocolates ;)). I also like the articles from AFM, as they tend to be more easier to read (thats really good for me :p ).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store