My first inhabitants

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BigMike

AC Members
Feb 17, 2004
Denver, Co
Visit site
Sorry for the poor picture quality, I was kinda rushed. Here are my first 4 residents... Pancho and Lefty are the emerald crabs, and I figured I wouldn't name the snails...cause they don't come when ya call 'em anyways.
Can't wait to get some fish in there.

tank pics 034.jpg tank pics 032.jpg tank pics 036.jpg

wantvws

AC Members
Jul 15, 2007
Waynesboro, VA
The emerald crabs are cool....I like the names:D I picked up two sally lightfoot crabs as part of my initial CUC and after acclimating them I let them loose in the tank. One immediately buried himself in the sand and the other vanished under a big piece of coral skeleton. Never saw one of them again.....and the other one made an appearance about 5 weeks later before disappearing forever.
Looks good! What are you thinking for fish?
Robbie

BigMike

AC Members
Feb 17, 2004
Denver, Co
Visit site
quick pic of snacktime...

With the 2 newest additions, TURBO SNAILS! I see where they get the nickname...I could watch them and the crabs work all day! Sorry for the poor pic quality, I'm still workin' on the camera skills. (I can only master one hobby at a time, I'm afraid.) Anyway, pictured here are Pancho, an Astrea on the back wall, and one of the new Turbos on the upper right.

tank pics 041.jpg

redskins2647

Aj Lighton
Aug 1, 2007
virginia
corgrats

i know im a little late but congrats on the first little guys
i made some mistakes and im paying for it so no computer for awhile how long till you add some fish

BigMike

AC Members
Feb 17, 2004
Denver, Co
Visit site
This Saturday is move-in day for a new Ocellaris clownfish...will post pics when he arrives.

I think I now enjoy inverts more than fish...is that wrong?:rofl:

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Congratulations. Glad you have taken the next step up. Here's to a long, successful time in the hobby :cheers:.

BigMike

AC Members
Feb 17, 2004
Denver, Co
Visit site
Quick stocking question...

Would an Ocellaris and a Royal Gramma be too much to add at the same time for a 20G tank? Or would it be better if I add the Ocellaris, wait a week or so, and then add the Gramma? I don't want to over bio-load the tank, but I kind of wanted to put them both in at the same time.
Thoughts?

And thanks.

BigMike

AC Members
Feb 17, 2004
Denver, Co
Visit site
No fish today.

As I was on the way to the LFS to purchase the Ocellaris, it suddenly occurred to me that it just 'didn't feel right'. Instead, I purchased half a dozen cerith snails, and added them to the cleaning crew.
Although all the water parameters are excellent (ammo 0 nitrites 0 nitrates 0 sali 1.024 Ph 8.3), it still just seems too early. Started the tank on July 20th and it just seems too early. When the cleaning crew gets control of the diatoms, and the tank looks like it did when I started, (at the rate they're going, I figure another week or so, tops.) THEN it will be time for the Ocellaris. Any thoughts? And to clarify, I assume the bacteria will still be ok in there, as the cleaning crew are giving off some food for them, right?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store