'Brackish Aquariums' copy on sale on ebay right now. 0.01$ start bid!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

brackishdude

AC Members
Dec 28, 2002
Visit site
I am NOT the seller of this book, but it is out of print and I know many people seek it.

I can tell you form my experience (I bought a copy off ebay several years ago) that it has many nice pictures and some useful info, but anyone with any internet savy can find more, better info online.

Some info is comical, especiqally the "suggested communities" ont he last page:

10 gal

1 glassfish
2 BB gobies
2 halfbeaks
1 flounder
1 puffer
2-3 killies
1 orange chromide

20 gal

2 mollies
2 queensland rainbows
2 chromides
4 bbb gobies
1-2 puffers

30 gal

4 monos
1 archer
1 scat
4 bb gobies
2 puffers
2 australian rainbows
1 flounder

55 gal

6 monos
1 archer
4 scats
8 bb gobies
2 flounders
4 australian rainbows
4 puffers

100 gal

20 monos (Yes, 20 monos!!!!)
1 archer
6 scats
12 bb gobies
6 puffers
6 chromides
8 australian rainbows

I would hope anyone with enough sense to check this site would not follow these recommendations. The listing for a 30 gal is plenty for a 100 gall, with a little tweaking.

Nevertheless, this is the only all-brackish pub out there, and it is a bit of a classic, though dated (1979). I'm glad I have it, just take it with a grain of salt. . .

If you don't win this one, I see them for sale fairly often on ebay. You can program it to email you if an auction you want is listed.

olaf

AC Members
Jan 8, 2003
Visit site
The number it lists is a little out-ragious, 20 monos in a 100 gal tank only is crowded. I have 5 A. Monos & 5 S. Monos in 150 gal and they just have enough room to share with the other fish.

RTR

AC Members
Oct 5, 1998
Braddock Heights, MD
I have that book also, and it is pitiful. I doubt that the author has done much of what he suggested, or if so did not maintain for more than a few days - or maybe hours. Collector item only IMHO.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store