Seeking Large Clown Loaches

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jurupari Man

The Masked Tortilla
May 29, 2001
New York, NY
I just missed an opportunity to score a couple of 6-7" clown loaches (I thought I had a deal, but the guy reneged), and so I'm on the hunt once again. I'd like to find a few good-sized (5" or better) clowns. Anybody have any or know where I could find some in the NY/NJ/CT/PA area?

anonapersona

Reads a lot, knows a little
Mar 7, 2003
Houston
Visit site
Just curoius

What would a loach that size sell for??? I've never seen one that big, mine are large but not that large!

Jurupari Man

The Masked Tortilla
May 29, 2001
New York, NY
They get fairly pricey as they get that big. Could be anywhere from $50 to $150 depending on where you go... They do get big, but they grow VERY slowly. A 6-7" clown would probably be a 7 year old fish, maybe even more.

Koi Hoe

AC Members
Nov 24, 2005
don't for get these guys get big as much as 12" ,ya need a big tank or pond for them to grow that size , I have 4 -3" clown loaches and one 3.5" Hi Fin Shark in my 300 gallon in door pond with my Fancy Goldfish for the winter months then they go out doors to the deck pond of 250 gal. for the summer if they get to big I put them into the 6000 gal koi pond for the summer :)

saray2004

undercover genius
Feb 19, 2005
southern IL/ central MS
www.myspace.com
There's an ad on aquabid.com advertising some 5+ inchers. The place is about an hour north of me and I have personally seen the pair that they are trying to sell. Nice looking loaches that obviously eat well! Good luck in your search!

Jeromee

AC Members
Oct 22, 2005
I'm in maryland, a place down the street for me usually has some decent sized clown loaches (4-5"), and a place 30 minutes from me has some that might _JUST_ break 4", if you want to know names/addresses, just give me a pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store