Condy Anemones

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Shadoe

AC Members
Nov 25, 2003
Illinois, USA
Visit site
Hi guys.

I've heard that the Condy Anemones need good light. I have a 10 gal tank w/ a 15 watt fluoresent bulb. Will this be enough light for this type of Anemone? If it isn't, I have a 20 Watt Light avalible, outside the tank. If I pointed it inward to the tank will this be adequate light for him?! All together this would obviously be 35 Watts. Would this be enough!? Please lemme know.

-Shadoe:D

Last edited:

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
What else is in the tank? This is of primary importance, because a condy will easily reach all corners of the tank. This means that any other corals, or sessile inverts, will be within stinging range, and likely be killed. Condy's will also kill shrimp, crabs, and fish if it can snag them. I wouldn't risk any live stock in there with it.

Otherwise, the light through the side probably won't work. The glass will reflect most of the light, and certainly alter the spectrum, possibly beyond what the anenome needs. The type of lighting would be important--a 20-watt standard light bulb, for example, will not help at all.

Shadoe

AC Members
Nov 25, 2003
Illinois, USA
Visit site
Thanks

Ok, Thank you very much. I didn't know that the Condy's stung, I haven't done much research on them specificaly. I do have one sessile invert, a FeatherDuster. And I am going to get a Coral Banded shrimp Tues. Thanks for the warning! :(
-Shadoe

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store