Eclipse hood filter water flow question....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

PCDawg

AC Members
Mar 15, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
For those ppl that have the eclipse hood system......how do you reduce the flow of the water that comes out ??

Its a eclipse 2 15gal tank which is planted and the flow is too strong where it causes some current that disturbs my plants.....

Can u place a sponge by the part where the water enters the fish tank??

Thanks

Aquarius0015

AC Members
Sep 29, 2003
Richmond, VA
Visit site
I wrapped my intake strainer with filter floss, but I didn't notice a huge difference. Flow control is my only complaint with the Eclipse series, but it really shouldn't be a problem for most fish. Even my slow-as-molasses betta is fine with the flow.

You have to be careful about doing things to adjust flow. Trying to severely reduce the intake might burn up the motor, but trying to reduce the output might cause water to flood over the filter and cause a mess.

Here's an idea I'm personally too afraid to try: My filter has a "bridge" where the water passes over a long sponge and then onto the biowheel. Perhaps drilling a few small holes in the "bridge" part would reduce water flow at the output (next to the biowheel). This would mean some of the water doesn't pass the biowheel however, and would void your warranty.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store