Vic's Planted 20G Tall

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

VictorSmalls

AC Members
Feb 5, 2004
Tyrone, PA
Visit site
Hi guys. I do not post much on here but find myself reading this forum nearly everyday. Full of all sorts of great information.

This is a 20 Gallon Tall with the top trim removed. I bought this along with a few other tanks, filters, and heaters from a fellow board member a few months ago. Currently it has a Marineland HOT for filtration. Lights are a Coralife Fixture with 6700 65W bulb. Substrate is Florite Black. No CO2 as of yet, but working on getting a DIY solution for a couple of the tanks in this room.

Fish
5 x Corydoras Agassizi
1 x Betta Splenden

Inverts
1 x RCS
5 x Olive Nerite Snails

Plants
Melon Sword
Java Fern
Not positive on the rest, as I am sort of new to the planted aquarium world. Any help is appreciated on that front.

This is my newest tank, a 90 Gallon that will be a Mal Peacock/Hap tank for our dinning room.

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
Looks like you've got cabomba, wisteria (or possibly water sprite) and hairgrass I believe...maybe a little dwarf sag next to the Java fern?

Love it, so beautiful :) Great stock choices, too. I bet that's one happy betta!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice tank and betta!

VictorSmalls

AC Members
Feb 5, 2004
Tyrone, PA
Visit site
Looks like you've got cabomba, wisteria (or possibly water sprite) and hairgrass I believe...maybe a little dwarf sag next to the Java fern?

Love it, so beautiful :) Great stock choices, too. I bet that's one happy betta!

That Betta sure does seem to love it. I originally wanted to add something else, don't want to ruin his good time. :)

FallenAngel

AC Members
Sep 11, 2010
New Zealand
Real Name
Matt
Nice tank :thumbsup:

The plants look like Ambulia/Cabomba towards the right (stem plant), Dwarf Sag beside the Java fern on the bottom mid-right, possibly Anubias sp. above the driftwood, some kind of moss on the upper part of the driftwood (Java, Christmas?), possibly Hydrocotyle mixed with the Ambulia/Cabomba like WeedCali has suggested, Wisteria/Indian Fern/Watersprite towards mid-left, Hairgrass at the back left and a Marimo moss ball inbetween the Melon Sword and Wisteria.

VictorSmalls

AC Members
Feb 5, 2004
Tyrone, PA
Visit site
Nice tank :thumbsup:

The plants look like Ambulia/Cabomba towards the right (stem plant), Dwarf Sag beside the Java fern on the bottom mid-right, possibly Anubias sp. above the driftwood, some kind of moss on the upper part of the driftwood (Java, Christmas?), possibly Hydrocotyle mixed with the Ambulia/Cabomba like WeedCali has suggested, Wisteria/Indian Fern/Watersprite towards mid-left, Hairgrass at the back left and a Marimo moss ball inbetween the Melon Sword and Wisteria.

Amazing. You guys and girls know your stuff. Much appreciated.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store