Need some advice on my tank and fish I want :)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

alliebally157

AC Members
Jun 4, 2011
I have this 20 gallon, big decor but has plenty of space for hiding which my former fish I had really enjoyed, but a little but less space for swimming but not too bad. I want to buy a few dwarf rams and maybe an electric blue ram. But not sure if it is the best idea for this tank. The temp is roughly 80 degrees and I change the water and clean the filter regularly. thoughts?

plantedtank12

Sign the Petition!!
May 6, 2011
York SC
Real Name
Nathan
You could do a pair of any ram or apisto. As for topwater I would do some hatchets, and for midwater a nice school of x-ray or rummynosed tetras would be nice. No bottomfeeders if you do a pair of cichlids. Armored plec. should be ok though.

alliebally157

AC Members
Jun 4, 2011
ok cause I got a pleco already in there and I was wondering about that too :) thanks and so 2 BR and maybe 2 Electric blue rams? in the tank?

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
if you want but id rather have a pair, and you probably wanna have two females. watching a pair spawn and such would be more rewarding to me then having two random fish together.

alliebally157

AC Members
Jun 4, 2011
oh and my friend has a few redstripe apistos and threestripe apistos would those be ok with the rams?

plantedtank12

Sign the Petition!!
May 6, 2011
York SC
Real Name
Nathan
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ONE OR THE OTHER WITH RAMS AND APISTOS IN SMALL TANKS!!! Never making that mistake again...

Whichever one you choose definetley get a pair, as allaboutfish said, pairs are MUCH more interesting.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ONE OR THE OTHER WITH RAMS AND APISTOS IN SMALL TANKS!!! Never making that mistake again...

Whichever one you choose definetley get a pair, as allaboutfish said, pairs are MUCH more interesting.
oh ok see i didnt know if itd work or not.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store