Need some advice on my tank and fish I want :)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

plantedtank12

Sign the Petition!!
May 6, 2011
York SC
Real Name
Nathan
Lol yea...It would work in a 40g MINIMUM though. If you get a nice pair of rams or apistos you won't be dissapointed in the 20. Especially if you add about 8 x-ray tetras and 4 - 5 marbled hatchetfish. (plus your pleco)

plantedtank12

Sign the Petition!!
May 6, 2011
York SC
Real Name
Nathan
Oh sorry I should probably add this. As allaboutfish said earlier, adding an extra female to your ram or apisto group will result in less stress and more productive (and more) spawns.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
no thats not whaat i was saying. i was saying if they did the 2 different dwarfs they should do 2 females. ive heard if you keep a trio of dwarfs one female gets killed of.

plantedtank12

Sign the Petition!!
May 6, 2011
York SC
Real Name
Nathan
OHHHH i see lol my bad. It really depends on the fish (as always), it has been my experience that having a trio is more benificial to the females, letting tham have a break. But, as always, it depends on the fish, some males are intolerant of any females at all, and some females don't tolerate other females with their male, and some females hate all males lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store